Anyone print with Laywood and the TPE yet?

Hawk .

Apr 29, 2014, 3:14:34 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just wanted to find out if anyone had printed with the Laywood and Flex material yet, If so what did you find with the material while printing?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 8:12:34 AM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've placed an order for Laywood, Laybrick, Filaflex, PETT and PVA.
I'll make a report.

Enginwiz

Apr 30, 2014, 2:59:50 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have printed with Laywood in my Replicator 2. The settings for PLA worked quite well.

Laywood is an interesting material. It looks and feels a bit like leather. Much softer than PLA.

Stringing was an issue. You might want to dry the filament before printing to reduce stringing.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 3:26:32 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, how do you dry the filament ?

plexus eye

May 1, 2014, 12:57:13 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
From my experience with Laywood, you don't want to dry it. even the manufacture states that it prefer to be somewhat "wet" (as in sitting in free air). After I dried mine, thinking I knew better, it was so brittle it was not usable and harder to print with - the prints just didn't have the same quality as when the filament was "wet". so now I leave my laywood stock out of my dry-cupboard.

Hawk .

May 3, 2014, 4:21:15 PM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Just want to warn you guys using the Cubex, The Flex filament does not extrude very well and clogs the extruder as well as wraps around the wheel of the drive motor. Spent my day today cleaning it out. On the Laywood side, It works well just need to tweak the settings a bit as it is warping on the first layer and not really bonding on the others.