First Layer Print Speed

Menachem Altaras

Feb 6, 2014, 7:27:36 AM2/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am having a hard time controlling the 1st layer print speed.
I am printing very large objects 1000X5000X900 mm and having control of the print speed (at any layer) is critical. Looking at the G-Code produced by KISS at fast and slow settings (printer- -speed) shows no meaningful difference. It always returns the speed to F200. Print test confirms this as well - no matter what speed is set while in KISS the print speed is always the same?????
I ma using a Arduino Mega 2560 chip.

Thanks

Matej Rozman

Feb 6, 2014, 8:12:57 AM2/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

if printing souch large objects, I belive you have some extra big nozzle and therefore extruding thick lines&layers.
If this is the case go to materials tab and under flow adjust correct the max mm3/s. I bet this is what is turning down your speed. Its some kind of safety fuse if you want to overdoit with speed and go over this parameter, the kisslicer will always turn down speed according to the walue specified in max flow.

Best of luck,

Matej

frozen...@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2014, 2:01:44 PM2/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Would like to see pics of your machine. 1 meter by 5 meters is HUGE!