copy post "warming ALL extruders before print"

funBart

Dec 18, 2013, 5:03:34 PM12/18/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Any Day I Learn Something New Is A Good Day
    • Spherical Magic | Blown Glass, Carbon Fiber and Imagination
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
What Bart said... You can save as many Printer configurations as you like, with different G-code entries in each. It isn't only limited to basic stuff like one or two extruders, etc.
3D Touch Dual Head | KISSlicer Pro
Space Art | 3D Modeling | Blown Glass Sculpture | Blog | Bio

3ntrlab

  • Newbie
  • *
    • 3ntr A4 printers
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
Bart, I am definitely using configurations for single and twin nozzle.
Settled using fixed temps in prefix..

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 10:56:23 AM »
I can imagine that, wouldn't it be easier to make a couple of printer presets for these combinations? You don't have to edit the Gcode then.
I assume you print the support always with the same extruder, So it will only be a extra Printer preset like "Print dual with PVA in T1" or so.

(I had the same problem with PVA, degrading at 200+ degrees)

The PtrGcodes are part of each Printer preset in case you didn't noticed.

Bart
Modify message
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:00:42 AM by funbart »
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

3ntrlab

  • Newbie
  • *
    • 3ntr A4 printers
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:44 AM »
Hello Penskeguy,
honestly I am looking for a parametric solution, as having to correct gcode every time there is a material change is not that comfy (and it is one more point of mistake)

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

PenskeGuy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Any Day I Learn Something New Is A Good Day
    • Spherical Magic | Blown Glass, Carbon Fiber and Imagination
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 08:13:18 PM »
I do it in Prefix this way; where each respective "nnn" is Keep Warm Temp:

M<EXT+1>04 Snnn
M<EXT+2>04 Snnn

If there is no support needed, I comment out both lines. Redundant to pre-warm when only one extruder is to be used. If there is support needed, because the 3DT only powers one extruder heater at a time, I warm Ext1 first, then it switches to warm Ext2, Ext1 cools a little bit then switches to the Select Extruder code when Ext2 reaches target and further warms Ext1 to printing temp and goes to print. When the first extruder change comes, Ext2 is already at Keep Warm, because the 3DT swaps power back and forth between extruders to keep target temps while printing.
3D Touch Dual Head | KISSlicer Pro
Space Art | 3D Modeling | Blown Glass Sculpture | Blog | Bio

3ntrlab

  • Newbie
  • *
    • 3ntr A4 printers
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »
Bart,
while your suggestion will work, it is worth noting that if you are printing with a supporting polymer having higher melting point of printed part you risk degradation of the latter.
Yes, I would love being able to use SLic3r-style syntax.

Best regards
Davide Ardizzoia

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:37 PM »
As far I know not, I assume you mean:
"define the first layer temp of the materials used in the the prefix Gcode tab for each material independent"?
I know Slic3r can, because it uses unique tokens for each setting.
As said, because of the tokens in the select /deselect fields the printer is printing with the correct values of the Main / Keep warm values, but actually not benefitting of the First layer tokens when printing dual.

It's even worse actually regarding the First Layer temp used in the prefix Gcode, because, when not printing a raft, you are not sure which extruder will print first, I assume the 'support'  extruder, but then it's dependent at which extruder you attached it on the Printer//extruder tab.

Actually I asked Jonathan to change the way KS uses tokens (mainly for this problem..) but it didn't seem he was willing to implement it yet. He has chosen for a structure were the Gcode fields are determing which kind of tokens are used and with which extruder (So the prefex Gcode only with the tokens of first extruder, the select Gcode only with the tokens of the new extruder, the deselect Gcode only with the tokens of the past extruder), you can't override them AFIK.
It's not super important to me, but as you say, it's not elegant either.

Bart
Modify message
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

3ntrlab

  • Newbie
  • *
    • 3ntr A4 printers
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Hello Bart.
Your help is welcome, and should work for me: will report.

But it is not as elegant as I were hoping to hear... really no way to use the temperature profiles associated with extruders ?

best regards
Davide Ardizzoia

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »

Hi,The exact Mcode to use is dependent of the firmware used of course, but, for example, to warm two extruders at the beginning, you can put the following code in the Ptr Gcode // Prefix fields (based on Makerbot Mcodes, please look into you common produced Gcode for the M codes of your printer)
M109 S100 T0 (warm the HPB)
M104 S220 T0 (warm the first extruder to 220 degrees)
M104 S200 T1 (warm the second extruder to 200 degrees)
M6 T0 (wait for HPB and T0 to reach the temp)
M6 T1 (wait for the second extruder to reach the temp).

And when you want to set it by tokens (so KS fills the temps used on the Material tab under "First Layer") it's like this:

M109 S<BED> T0  (set HBP temperature: this is a KS token of the first material to print as put in the field "first layer")
M104 S<TEMP> T0  (set Right extruder temperature this is a KS token of the first material to print as put in the field "first layer")
M104 S<TEMP> T1  (set Left extruder temperature this is a KS token ALSO of the first material to print as put in the field "first layer"  so for the beginning the both extruders are warming to the same temp))

M6 T0 (wait for HPB and T0 to reach the temp)
M6 T1 (wait for the second extruder to reach the temp).

You cannot let KS set other tokens then the "first layer"  temp for the Prefix Gcode tab, and unfortunately only for one material, not different ones..
But as you know, for the 'deselect extruder' Gcode tab, it reads out the " Keepwarm temp' of the material used,
and for the "select extruder tab' it reads out the "Main" temp of the material it will print with after the extruder change.
So directly when starting to print the correct temps are set for the both extruders, the  are just warming up at the beginning to the same temp.

Hope it helps,
Bart

Modify message
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:31:22 PM by funbart »
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

3ntrlab

  • Newbie
  • *
    • 3ntr A4 printers
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Warming ALL etruders before any movement
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:02:51 AM »
Ok, I know that I can do whatever I want when swapping extruders using the Select/Deselect extruder gcode tabs.
What If I want to bring ALL extruders at standby temperature at the very beginning of the program ?
What is the correct syntax ?

Thank you all
Davide Ardizzoia

This conversation is locked