Re: Sharing Pro Keys

Message has been deleted

Jesper Lindeberg

Mar 10, 2014, 4:23:03 AM3/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You are allowed to use your key on as many computers you want, as long as it's your computers. It does not check if it's used on others, so no deactivation.

Den lørdag den 8. marts 2014 01.59.48 UTC+1 skrev Print_This:
Does the software allow you to share the pro key? what i mean is if i bought a Pro key from someone will it allow the software to work or is it based off each PC software codes etc?  i seen it before where they protect keys if u use a key it would have to be deactivated by the other computer etc.  just giving myself options to maybe buy a key off someone. its been 5 day i have no received a pro key.

funBart

Mar 10, 2014, 4:09:27 PM3/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
About that: are there recent reports of people, who haven't received their key after purchasing it via Paypal? As until now it seems that process was automated.
For me the very few terms of the PRO key on the Kisslicer website are clear:

In general, there is no return policy. Once you have the PRO Key we cannot revoke your license, as KISSlicer does not (and will never) 'phone home'.

KISSlicer PRO License
MAY be used for commercial applications
MAY be installed on multiple personal computers
MAY be backed up
The PRO Key MUST NOT be shared
MUST NOT be reverse engineered

So, no matter how you look at it: Kisslicer's PRO keys are not allowed to be shared: actually: your email (Paypall) adress is in the key. Kisslicer is owned by Jonathan / his family. That it isn't developing anymore is not a reason to take the right in your own hands and sell / share the key.
Under assumption the PRO key is still automatically sent after a Paypal payment I suggest that's the way to do.

When's actually not sent anymore I suppose you can get a refund via Paypal.

But, for me, when it's not  possible to get a PRO key anymore (or for PRO users who have lost their key),  I can imagine that we help each other with sharing a key, under the condition we pay Jonathan when it's possible again. But, to keep track of the keys, a PRO user can't share more than one key, so it's clear that when it got distributed more than agreed, you know who's responsible.
I know this is a tricky one: formally you can't do this, but OTH we are in a landed in a unexpected situation.
I can imagine as well, that when Jonathan returns and there will be a development of the slicer, he is able as well to change the necessary keys for the next release, and renewing them for known users, making the illegal keys  unusable for new releases.
Bart

Message has been deleted

ghe...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2014, 11:15:23 PM3/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How great it is to pay for something which is not supported nor being further developed.
Why would I do this again?
Message has been deleted