3DTouch: Extruder Mapping Problem

Kyle Springer

Oct 14, 2014, 2:01:30 PM10/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have got the pro version and I set the Extruder for ABS to Ext3, and PLA Ext2 which is where it is located bc Ext1 thermo sensor is bad. However after printing the ABS Raft, it wants to goto Ext1, yet in the settings I have Object set to Ext2. Any idea why this is occurring?

PenskeGuy

Oct 15, 2014, 1:01:55 AM10/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you have failed extruder issues, do your remapping in the printer's panel, not in KS.

Kyle Springer

Oct 15, 2014, 10:17:54 AM10/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried that but when I go to print the printer says something about g code will overide the printers mapping settings. Bc i tries remapping 1 to print to 2 and 2 to print to 1 and it doesn't seem to work. However if I do a print with just one extruder ks defaults to ext2 like it's suppose too. It's when I want it to start off on abs ext 3 and then a switch to pla on ext2 that it tries to goto 1.

PenskeGuy

Oct 15, 2014, 11:50:01 PM10/15/14
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:17:54 AM UTC-7, Kyle Springer wrote:
i tries remapping 1 to print to 2 and 2 to print to 1 and it doesn't seem to work.  However if I do a print with just one extruder ks defaults to ext2 like it's suppose too. It's when I want it to start off on abs ext 3 and then a switch to pla on ext2 that it tries to goto 1

I tried a remapping on the printer panel once and the thing got all screwed up. Could be that your first attempt is still stored in there (1 to print to 2 and 2 to print to 1). If 1 should never be used, because the sensor is bad, remapping 2 to 1 should not be part of the equation. IOW, perhaps it's getting coufused, because I sure am.