copy post "how to disable automatic centering"

funBart

Dec 18, 2013, 5:00:30 PM12/18/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Re: How to disable automatic centering?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
Actually, all you need to do is place those four pylons outside the part itself and generate each portions with them included. They don't have to go to the extent of the print envelope. The part extents will appear to KS to be the same, no matter what is inside the four pylons and will stay in place relative to each other. KS will auto-center it reliably and you have the option of printing multiples.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:28:18 PM by PenskeGuy »
3D Touch Dual Head | KISSlicer Pro
Space Art | 3D Modeling | Blown Glass Sculpture | Blog | Bio

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: How to disable automatic centering?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »
Hi,
We all would like that function... ;-) but it's not implemented (yet?), but for now you can only switch auto rotating.
I don't understand your printing method, first printing one color and then the other? But then the extruder knocks the already printed part over? Or by generating the two Gcodes and shuffling them so that a combined dual Gcode is generated? Like this topic: http://kisslicer.com/forum/index.php?topic=748.msg7149#msg7149 ?

What you can do in your modeler is to add 4 small objects (square of 1x1x1mm or so) to you original object. (I can imagine that this can work with dual colored objects as well with the Lochsplicer software as well)
That 4 objects placed on the same distances as the measurements of your print plate. Then place your object on the wanted spot and export it to Kisslicer. Then KS can't anything move, because  your object is the maximum size. See screenshot

Another thing I do as a trick  regarding object placement with multiple objects (Pro version of Kisslicer) is to add a skirt (under support // raft) and inflate it, so the objects have more distance and when rotating  them you have (some) influence on the placements. But it's a random process for now. I can imagine with a version of KS that supports dual colored objects absolute placement is more likely to be implemented.

Otherwise Slic3r can help you with dual colored objects more natively.

Bart

Modify message

* max.jpg (142.36 kB, 878x584 - viewed 2 times.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:45:39 PM by funbart »
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

Zydac

  • Newbie
  • *
    • Personal Message (Offline)
How to disable automatic centering?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
I am trying to do a multi-colored print the old fashioned way of printing each color in consecutive order.  Unfortunately Kisslicer wants to center each STL when I import them, which throws the registration off.

Does anyone know if this auto-centering can be disabled?
This conversation is locked