CubeX controller replacement Keeping you original MB

toranarod

Jun 7, 2014, 6:08:29 AM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
After weeks of work I have finally documented the  CubeX controller and completed
the modifications All working.  I was going to make new controllers but its evolved to point where its not necessary. I  decided to just rewire the existing MB because there really is not many changes to be made.
If any body is interested in removing all the CubeX interlocks this is how its done.
With out going to an Arduino type controller.  There is no need to calibrate anything.
If you re flash your controller and make a few circuit changes.  Just load your BFB files from KISSlicer and print as before.
I also found a good use for the cartridge bay detection connector on the MB. It is now the power supply for my hack piggy back electronics.
I will make a small rewiring harness just a few boards.
Its all to easy and anybody who can solder could do it.  I will put out a PDF an maybe a you tube video on how to.

Cubx1.jpg
Cubx2.jpg
Cubx3.jpg
Cubx4.jpg
NewPIC5.jpeg
NewPIC6.jpeg

Duško Dudić

Jun 10, 2014, 5:35:09 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I`m a new user of CubeX (one head). Could you please help me? What is easy method to use other filament for this printer? Can I stop exchanging information between printer and chip in cartridge without disturbing printing process?
Thank you

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 5:45:07 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the easy method is use Kisslicer to slice your parts and use Cubeitmod to make the file compatible with the Cubex.
By that way you have 2 important improvements :
- you can print without the original cartridge inserted, that means you can also print with bulk filament.
- the quality of your prints will be much more better because Kisslicer+Cubeitmod will make your printer work better than the original Cubex software.

Install Kisslicer then go here and follow the instructions to install Cubeitmod :

Use my ini files to start.

We're waiting for your first "Waaoouuuhh" after printing your first part with Kisslier+Cubeitmod.