Oversampling shrinking the print?

Jaime García Villena

May 6, 2014, 5:11:13 PM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I loved and moved to kisslicer for it's accuracy. It was wonderful when parts are assembled cleanly, and bolts fit in their holes perfectly. :]

But recently I got the license, and suddenly my prints featured too narrow holes.

This afternoon I thought of this:

Is it possible that oversampling made new facets on the inside of circular features, making them smaller?

Plamen Barzakov

May 12, 2014, 3:46:56 AM5/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Holes are always a bit smaller, on all FDM machines. It is better to be smaller than bigger. Also cooling of the plastic has big effects on this. Maintaining constant temperature (in a build chamber) and printing slower usually gives better dimensions.

Isaac Thompson

May 12, 2014, 4:55:32 PM5/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
make sure "inset surface" is the same setting you are used to using