First layer speed control options

Menachem Altaras

Jan 29, 2014, 6:40:29 PM1/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi to all,

Anyone knows how to control the speed for the first layer in kisslicer. As I try to change speeeds in the printer/speed tab fail to see the change. it always is very slow (Too Slow). In addition, how can I disable the memory warning thresholds, my stl"s's are large and take up lots of mem but I don't wish to be informed anytime I run a slice.

Thanks

Ken

Jonathan Lawrence

Jan 29, 2014, 9:02:30 PM1/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Memory warning is under Misc. RAM warning.
Are you using the Printer / Speed / "1st Layer Max Speed" setting and all other layers print at the speed you want?

Menachem Altaras

Jan 30, 2014, 6:20:40 AM1/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick reply,

My Kisslicer is not the pro - I have no access to those settings - So it is what it is....

As far as the 1st layer speed, I am aware of the settings but, it seems as if  the printer is not responsive to the speeds I choose but is defaulting to some firmware value of its own. ...need more investigation on my part.

Thanks

A. Elias

Jan 30, 2014, 7:57:31 AM1/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm no expert but there is a minimum material setting under the material tab.  That maybe stopping your low end speed from going lower.

How low do you want to go?

ADam

Plexus Brett

Jan 30, 2014, 11:50:17 AM1/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Its a bit complicated. the end speed of the "tool" (hot end) is a factor of:

firmware max speed settings
1st layer speed
limit increase / layer
flow adjust min and max

The printer wont print faster than the max speeds set in the firmware. It also won't print faster if the flow adjust max is reached (as far as i know). so you can set a print speed of 100mm/s but if the firmware has XY set to max 50, you wont get any higher than 50. also if the max flow adjust is set such that a specific tool print speed exceeds the max flow speed, it will limit the print speed so as not to exceed the max flow speed (as far as i know).

Jonathan Lawrence

Jan 30, 2014, 11:56:16 AM1/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I can verify the max flow speed does work as expected.  I just recently sampled a new material and set the max flow very low for first trials.  I left other speeds at normal print speed.  The result was a very slow print, as expected.