bug in 1.4.1.4

sec master

May 7, 2014, 8:39:38 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

HI Jonathan

Welcome back,
When I try to slice the model here
http://www.thingiverse.com/download:113647

I found that there are some gcode generated outside the model, please see the image attached? This issue also happened in previous version of kisslicer

Anyway kisslicer is the best tool!
Image1.jpg

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2014, 9:21:49 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
No offense but it's a garbage model with errors in it. Why do you thing the error key pops open upon loading the model?

sec master

May 7, 2014, 11:08:56 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried another model from the same creator
http://www.thingiverse.com/download:114887

This one do not have any error when open with kisslicer, and when you 90 degree rotate and slice, it still show the same issue.

frozen...@yahoo.com於 2014年5月7日星期三UTC+8下午9時21分49秒寫道:

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2014, 1:38:50 PM5/7/14
There actually are minor mesh errors on the solid vase that KS is not detecting in it's error check. I checked the mesh with 3DS Max, there are 12 overlapping vertices, and what may be the slightest folded/creased/flipped normals/self-intersecting faces (the little black part in the attached image). Zoomed way in you can also see the reversed faces in KS.

Steve
Vase.jpg
Vase1.jpg