My prints are taking way to long need help with the settings please..cubex

Diane z

Sep 6, 2014, 10:14:35 PM9/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
why oh why is my printing taking so long to print... like 6 hrs for something not big.....please someone give me some settings that you have used to get faster print times.....I have cubeitmod v4.5 on a cubex.....still using my cube x as I am waiting the arrival of my new flashforge pro. can"t wait I really dislike the cube

Frank Fisk

Oct 6, 2014, 6:39:02 PM10/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
sorry to hear you hate the cube i wish I could point you in the right direction, I just use the settings I've found here in the Camp, print times don't bother me.  would you be willing to sell it?

Peter Gregory

Oct 7, 2014, 8:50:18 AM10/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How wide / long are your prints?
I've noticed prints that are 7 inches wide by 5 inches long take a very long time.
The perimeter seems very slow to me, even though the print speed settings should make it go much faster.
The first layer is slow - as it should be to get a good first layer.
But it seems additional layers are just as slow, for long lines.
Short lines go faster - CubeItMod adjusts the speed for short lengths. Might it be slowing down for long lengths?

giovanni.v

Oct 7, 2014, 10:51:53 AM10/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
yes it's possible that Cubeitmod reduces the speed, it depends on your settings and the values calculated by Kisslicer.
This is done to make the ratio RPM/ xySpeed constant.
I've decided to do it with "safe" values, that's why the speed is always reduced.
If you want print faster increase the XY speed, knowing that on loops and perimeter the speed will at best match you value or be decreased.

If you think it's necessary I also can change the way Cubeitmod keeps the ratio constant, but you have to be aware that this can result on dramatic speed increase.
for exemple:  if the RPM calculated by Kisslicer is 0.15, the Cubex will only understand 0.1 and actually Cubeitmod reduces the xySpeed, if the speed calculated by Kisslicer was 900 Cubeitmod reduces it to 600 to keep the ratio constant ( 0.15/900 = 0.1/600).
If I change Cubeitmod, I can make it increase the RPM to 0.2 and the xyspeed will be increased to 1200, that's 33% faster the the settings and I dont think it's very safe.
As I wasn't confotable with that idea I decided to choose the safe way.