Farewell and all the best to our favourite Joy

1 view

Steve Kibble

Jul 28, 2022, 12:04:56 AM7/28/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Sadly tonight we are saying farewell to Joy who has decided her future lies further north and so is heading to the warmer climes of Brisbane where she joins a growing list of KR who now call the Sunshine State home. (She does assure me she will be back from time to time to visit Sydney.)

Joy has been with KR for a number of years now and became more central to the club post lockdown in 2020 where she helped me with hosting Thursday nights welcoming all the newbies and regulars each week to the KRClassic. We have all, at one time or another been grateful to her for allowing us to store our bags in her car.

Joy in the last couple of years has been managing our online presence through Instagram and we’ve all featured pre and post the run at one time or another. I’m please say that Joy is handing over Instagram duties to Alex who has volunteered to fill that post.

I’m sure you want to join me in wishing Joy well for her move to Queensland and hope it goes extremely well! We will be having cake at the end of the run as well.

Shirt News

I have now looked at what I have with 2XU shirts and if you are after one please message or write to me with what you are looing for. I have mainly M male and S female singlets and a few –shirts and long sleeve shirts of various sizes, but hit me up anyway you never know I might have what you are looking for. I have now sold a few of the 2XU that I have but please keep on to me about them to see if I have something that will fit you.

Upcoming Events

City to Surf 2022 entries are open and so far we have over 50 people in the KR team who are excited to be Repping the Red on that iconic course heading to Bondi Beach. I’m sure the City Beach Hotel will be pleased to see the KRew back for a few bevies post the race!

Talking of City to Surf after last Sundays very successful joint run with Girls Run Sydney Judy has organised a joint C2S training run on 31st July, check out the invite on the FB page and join for a fun morning along New Southhead Road! I understand the GRS are meeting at 9am at the fountain in Hyde Park so have fun.

I know that a smaller group of the KR needs to get back home earlier and so will be leaving at 7am from the steps to the bridge in Kirribilli for what will be about a 20k run that morning.

Blackmores Running Festival in September entries are open and when you sign up make sure you join the Kirribilli Runners team! I’m sure that a lot of us will be doing that event and in fact are already in training for the marathon event! We will also be looking for volunteers, so if you are not running come along and give something back to your community!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners