KRClassic returns to the new normal

Steve Kibble

Jan 12, 2022, 7:20:15 PM1/12/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Elevate Sydney is finished and life on the Cahill is returning to normal which means that we are back to the KRClassic course tonight and able to do that thing we all love, running up the Cahill on the way back to the bridge!

Wow, here we are nearly in the middle of January and it is nice to see that life is returning to Sydney normal. This means we are all starting to think about the upcoming year and what goals to set for yourself. I’m sure you all read Chris’s post last week on goal setting and you have some goals in your head even if you’ve not locked them in yet. Personally I’ve plotted all the upcoming races on a wall calendar, which helps keep them front and centre, for me to know what race I’m aiming at next.

So what is first up on our calendars this year? Traditionally January is very quiet with the only major race being the Hobart marathon and few ultras for the very hardy.  So the first race I have plotted is the Sun Run from Dee Why to Manly on 5th February. Generally we get a lot of the KRew sign up to test their 10k times on this hilly course and followed by a brunch somewhere. (I’m pacing the 55min bus so if you are looking for a 55 come and join my bus. Damon and Enrique are pacing the 45min bus, so for a great challenge join those two rascals.) That day will also be the first of the Sydney Striders 10k series always a good way to test your 10k time on their generally flat courses.

In March we have 6 Foot track which a handful of the KRew are doing this year.

The first of the big running festivals will be Canberra in April. Sadly there is no 50k event this year and so we all stuck with the marathon (kidding), half and 10k events. I know that several of the KRew have already signed up for it and it is always a good friendly and supportive event. Make sure you join the KR team when you register.

In May we have the SMH half marathon, always a big event for the KRew. That same weekend is the UTA 100k and 50k and there are quite a few of us running in those events as well.

So there are plenty of opportunities to Rep the Red and test how you are going as the year progresses. Of course you don’t have to race at all and as long as you are enjoying your own running journey that is all that really matters.

And, most importantly, we will have some social events coming up, as long COVID restrictions allow. Stay tuned for more details!!

Back to tonight, because we are still under some COVID restrictions, can you please register your attendance on the link below and if you are not double vaccinated, then you shouldn’t be coming, which I’m sure you know. And, very importantly of course, if you do not feel well then please take the night off and we will see you next week!

https://kirribillirunners.org/covid/

Remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners