Blackmores Sydney Running Festival this Sunday

1 view

Steve Kibble

Sep 14, 2022, 9:48:02 PM9/14/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Good luck to everyone racing through the streets of Sydney this Sunday!

The weather is looking good for the race, not too hot or too cold, a bit cloudy, so perfect conditions.  I think we have about 50 of us out there Repping the Red in the various events from the family 3.8k, the 10k, the Half Marathon and of course the Marathon. As well we have some awesome volunteers who will be on the course as marshals and of course our supporters out there cheering for all the racers.

 On a personal note this is my 20th year of running marathons and I ran my first on the Blue Line here in Sydney back in 2002, so I’m very much looking forward to celebrating at the end of the race!

Shirt News

As I said last week, orders are now open for shirts and quickly get on the site and grab your KR merch! The Sub4 shirts have proven to be very popular as they are lighter then the older 2XU and more breathable which is great for running on the hotter days that we have here in Sydney.

https://www.sub4.com.au/category/kirribilli-runners/

Upcoming Events

Book your diaries for the next KR social on Sunday 9th October!

Will be a social pub run starting in Kirribilli!

More details to follow…..

We are planning a social soon and we are thinking it will be a bit of a pub run with a few stops along the way to enjoy a pint and convivial company trotting the streets of Sydney! Stay tuned!

Tonight’s KRClassic

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, Helena will be there with her car, to hold them whilst you run. Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners