Call out for volunteers for SMH!

Steve Kibble

May 5, 2022, 1:38:14 AM5/5/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

It’s always great to be able to run here in the harbour city! Nothing really beats looking up at great arch of the harbour bridge as you round the Opera house, and see which way the flags are fluttering to know whether you will run into the wind or have it at your back as you cross back to Kirribilli.

So far we have orders for about 70 of the KR shirts and a gentle reminder, that there is still time to order your very own iconic KR Red Shirt and Cap. Have a look at the featured posts on the FB page for details. If you don’t have access or have a trouble drop me a note or reach out and I will be only too happy to help you out. Orders close out on 31 May so don’t miss out!

Congratulations to all the KRew who ran the Sydney10 last Sunday, from what I can see on FB and Strava everyone had an awesome time. A lot of people achieving a new PB’s and others running really awesome times, and a few of KRew volunteering as well. Excellent everyone, GO KRew!!!

SMH Half Marathon is now less than 3 weeks away so make sure you sign up and join the KRew for an awesome trot around our fair city.

Talking of SMH we’ve been asked again to provide volunteers for the event and Helen has agreed to be the volunteer coordinator again. Please see her post and put your hand up to help out if you are not running that day! (As a bonus it is bit of fund raising for the club as we get a few dollars for each KR volunteer for the day!)

Lastly in racing news, City to Surf 2022 entries have now opened make sure you sign up soon and get your early bird discount and join the Kirribilli Runners team that I’ve created for us. I’m sure the City Beach Hotel will be pleased to see the KRew back for a few post the race!

Stay tuned for news of the next exciting KR Social Event that we are planning and will hold real soon.

Don’t forget tonight if you are bringing a bag we will have her car there so you can store it whilst you run.

We’ve made a booking at the pub (thanks you Ti) and so we can gather at the pub for a post run bevy and then those who want to, head off to pizza at the KRew’s favourite pizza place! So post the run if you feel like a drink come and join us and put the social in social running club!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Keep running and happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners