Pre-Vivid KRClassic Tonight

1 view

Steve Kibble

May 25, 2023, 2:45:47 AM5/25/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Here we are at the end of May and as we all know, in Sydney it means that tomorrow night Vivid will light up our night skies for the next 3 weeks. Probably like many of you, in the last couple of weeks I have been running around the gardens, Circular Quay all the way to Barangaroo and have watched them getting ready with many installations being set up and I’m sure that it will be even more spectacular than last year.

What this means for KR is that, from Monday, we will need to adjust both of our courses for the duration, and it will affect both the KRClassic and the KR10k. I’m currently working on what we will do with the courses as some parts of the current courses will not be available during Vivid. So stay tuned for the new variations!

Last weekend was a big weekend for the KRew with big groups at the Hoka Half here in Sydney and also in Victoria Repping the Red at the Great Ocean Road Running Festival.

Here in Sydney in perfect conditions the KRew took on the two distances on offer, with a few in the 10k with an early start and some PBs being achieved. Then with a later start the half marathon was well attended with the KRew in each of the start groups with the Red shirt everywhere. And in those perfect conditions we had a whole lot of PBs achieved and a bunch of folks taking on the half marathon distance for the first time and enjoying the scenic course along the harbour. I think everyone enjoyed the new course and was fun running the Cahill in both directions during the race. We then had a bunch of us head to the Hydeaway Café in Hyde Park for a group brunch sharing stories of our races.

In Victoria the KRew did an awesome job Repping the Red over the various distances on offer and in some challenging conditions they all did well in the half and full marathon. And from the photos they shared enjoyed a great time together pre and post race in a beautiful part of the country.

Well done to all the KRew so great to see everyone having fun out there.

Next set of racing will be the Sydney 10 and the Gold Coast Marathon where we will have a great bunch of the KRew out pushing themselves to get some PBs and great times.

Upcoming Events

Wine Tour 16 July! Yes we have a date and are busy looking for a bus to carry the KRew to various delectable wineries of the Southern Highlands. Shortly we will ask you to commit and pay for a seat on the bus, but it will be on a first come first served basis, so make sure you sign up as soon as we release the costs! (Indicating your intentions on the invite Helena has made will help!)

Gold Coast Marathon, I know there are few folks signing up to the Gold Coast Marathon on either the Half or the Full marathon and some folks doing both events on the weekend. I did this last year and it was a great weekend on a fast flat course, and they give you really good bling and a shirt!

Our next KR Sunday Long Run will be 11th June so stay tuned for details.

City2Surf entries are now open! This is always a bit KR event where we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. We have a team so search for Kirribilli Runners in the team list and make sure you join when you sign up.

Sydney Running Festival in on Sunday 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, Mark has kindly offered to have his car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Mark, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners