The Annual KR Balmoral Run This Sunday

Steve Kibble

Mar 16, 2022, 9:45:47 PM3/16/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

I hope that you have all been having a great week and enjoying being able to run without getting soaked in the rain. Now we just have the humidity to deal with…..

This Sunday is the annual St Patrick’s Day KR Balmoral run! Judy has made an invite that you can find on our FB page and that has all the details in it. In case you missed it we gather at 8am at the usual KR meeting spot by the steps to the bridge and then following the foreshore to Middlehead and onto Balmoral. At Balmoral we will gather for a brunch. Wear green and join in the fun and photos at various beauty spots along the way.

In a few weeks time it is Canberra marathon and the Australian Running Festival, if you are looking for a race to start your year or add to the races that you have already done this year, Canberra is a great place to head to. I know that we already have quite a few of us heading down for the weekend to participate in the fun of the festival. So come and join us!!

Chris #HealthTip

4 Ways to Master Your Running Form

Last week at KR I was speaking to a running buddy of mine about running form. We were talking about running tall which is something you may have heard of.

I thought I would do some research on the topic for this week’s article so as to answer some questions that came to mind like: What is the perfect running form? Is there a list of things I can do to improve? When I am out on a long run what can I do to help me keep my form?

After some research on the web I found an article based on the 4 key ways to Master your running form. It’s a great little read for both beginner and seasoned amateur. It will set you on the path to running tall and as a bonus those running action hover photos will be plentiful.

https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a20864133/4-ways-to-master-your-running-form/

Thanks Chris, that’s a good tip on improving your form, something I know that I should work on myself.

I look forward to seeing all the KRew tonight for the KRClassic, if you are bringing a bag Joy will have her car there so you can store it whilst you run. (We are trying to get the pub to let us store bags there but it is a work in progress.)

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Keep running and happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners