Annual KR Santa Run

Steve Kibble

Dec 22, 2021, 11:23:56 PM12/22/21
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Tonight we are holding the annual KR Santa Run! This is an annual even that we hold on the last Thursday before Christmas, we all dress in Santa hats and some of the Kool Krew even go the FULL SANTA, which is awesome!! The run will be the usual KRClassic course, but we will do it as a group run and stop for a photo or two along the way.

Joy is away this week, so I will have my car there from about 6:15pm so we have somewhere to store our bags. Post run, weather not withstanding, we are thinking that we will just get some drinks from the BWS and pick up a pizza and head down to the park to try and avoid the crowds in the pub. (Fingers crossed no more rain!)

Because we are still under some COVID restrictions, can you please register your attendance on the link below and if you are not double vaccinated, then you shouldn’t be coming, which I’m sure you know.

https://kirribillirunners.org/covid/

Last weekend didn’t see any of the KRew racing, instead we all headed to the park for the KR annual picnic and awards ceremony. It was a great time with about 35 to 40 of the KRew coming along to enjoy some non-running time with each other.

During the event we did the annual awards ceremony the highlight of which, is awarding of the KR Club Person of the Year, which this year went to Karin.

I’m sure the whole club will agree Karin is a fantastic recipient, someone who really represents the KR Spirit, she is a great runner, running at all the events that we hold. Karin is also an enthusiastic participant in all the social functions, and best of all she is very welcoming to all newcomers to the club, including running with some newbies during lockdown this year. (She is also a fantastic cook and is always sharing many yummy treats with us all) Congratulations Karin!

The other winners of awards that we made up are:

Team Spirit = Joy Lopez

Flourishing through running - Anthony Wood

Best weaving in a race - Phil Bowrey

Deep diving, locked in couple - Bill and Lyndal Robson

Most consistently late award - Tegan and Peter Brown

Quiet Achiever Award - Santhosh Kumar

Most Mileage During Lockdown (who is NOT Steve) - Margriet Wooldridge

Loudest positivity  - Vanessa Andersen

Running circles gave me a 10k PB - Nathalie Lanjuin Spencer

Silver fox racer award - Brian Gore

Speediest recovery after major injury - Anneke Price

Stars in our midst award - Joy’s Boy Band! (They really are a band and have just released a single)

A special thank you to Enrique for providing some prizes from ASICS (apparently all of KR are sized as men’s medium)

Chris #HealthTip

Runners High

The regular routines and cadence of the year are slowing for the holidays. I was wondering if it would be a good time, for my mental health and mileage goal, to just slip in a few extra km’s to see the year-end.

It got me thinking: “Why am I so drawn to running and am I really that ‘chipper’ after a run?”

After some research I found this article from Ted.com that talks all about being chipper and the running high. It’s an interesting and easy to read article, relevant to all at this time of this year. So regardless if nothings changed or all has changed, this article will be a good read for you.

https://ideas.ted.com/why-does-running-give-you-a-high-heres-the-science/amp/

Thanks Chris great tip and thank you for providing these tips in each newsletter, I know that many people find them very useful!

 Well that’s a wrap for another week, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I if you are not there tonight I look forward to running with you in the coming year!!

 Remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners