Back to the Cahill

Steve Kibble

Jun 22, 2022, 11:02:59 PM6/22/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

 Vivid has gone and so the KRew can go back to the KRClassic course! I was running it the other day and talking to my running partner and watching the sunrise over the Opera House and saying how good is it to live here. We all get to run over the Bridge and round the Opera House every day, something that people travel all over the world just to come and see.

 I’m actually away tonight, whilst you are all running I will be on a train heading across the Nullarbor Plains on my way to Perth, fortunately Joy will be there and is hosting tonight and so if you are bringing a bag she will also have a car there so you can store it whilst you run. Hopefully now that Vivid is over there will be bit more parking and the pub wont be so busy.

 Shirt News

The good news is that the Sub4 shirts and caps have started to arrive in folks mail. I’m sure that there will be a big turnout of the Red this evening and can’t wait to see the photo of the KRew back repping the Red on the bridge.

If there is something wrong with your order please contact Sub4 directly, and I’m sure Jason will be only too pleased to help you out.

I have now looked at what I have with 2XU shirts and if you are after one please message or write to me with what you are looing for. I have mainly S male and female singlets, but hit me up anyway you never know I might have what you are looking for. And or those who have already reached out I will get in touch with you to organise.

Upcoming Events

After me talking about it for ages our first social event of the year is going to held on 9th July at 7pm in the Treehouse North Sydney. These evenings are always great fun with the KRew showing up and relaxing and enjoying a drink together. I look forward to seeing you all then. (Judy will put out an invite soon, so look out for it!)

City to Surf 2022 entries are open and so far we have over 50 people in the KR team who are excited to be Repping the Red on that iconic course heading to Bondi Beach. I’m sure the City Beach Hotel will be pleased to see the KRew back for a few bevies post the race!

Next weekend is the Gold Coast Marathon, so goo luck to all the KRew going up for the event. Look out for the extra keen doing the double that weekend of the Half on Saturday and Full on Sunday – there is always a few people crazier than you are J !!!

On July 24th there is the Real Insurance Sydney Harbour 10k and 5k events, always a good turnout of the KRew and I believe Anthony is organising a team, so be on the lookout for that one. I suggest registering today as early bird discount finishes on Friday!

And, the big one coming up is of course, Blackmores Running Festival in September. I’m sure that a lot of us will be doing that event and in fact are already in training for the marathon event! We will also be looking for volunteers, so if you are not running come along and give something back to your community!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Keep running and happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners