Social Pub Run this Sunday!

1 view

Steve Kibble

Oct 5, 2022, 10:33:43 PM10/5/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Despite what the weather is doing whilst I write this newsletter, looking at my weather app it looks like it will be dry tonight, so no excuse not to put on your shoes and come and run the KRClassic course with the rest of the KRew.

This coming Sunday we are having our next social event which will be a pub run starting at the Kirribilli Hotel at 2pm. We are running somewhere between 5 and 6km, visiting a total of 5 pubs along the way. The plan is we do a drink at each of them (your choice of drinks don’t feel you have to drink beer) Helena or organiser will mark off your drinks as we go. I will say this is a social event not a race so no need to scull your drinks as there will be plenty of time for each one. We will blow a whistle when it is time to get going. So see the invite that Helena has posted and come along for a fun afternoon.

Last weekend saw some of the KRew racing in two big marathon events, firstly Melbourne Marathon, which saw some folks reach new PBs on a great day for racing. Then in London for the London Marathon, including some of the KR who now call the UK home. Well done everyone fabulous effort and results!

Shirt News – Orders close this Monday 10th October!!

Orders close this Monday so if you want to order you better get on to it now! The Sub4 shirts have proven to be very popular as they are lighter then the older 2XU and more breathable which is great for running on the hotter days that we have here in Sydney.

https://www.sub4.com.au/category/kirribilli-runners/

Upcoming Events

Long Walk Home (30Km Parramatta to Opera House) - 9th Oct (contact Geordie for more details)

BBB Run - This Sunday morning 9th Oct, a 10k race located at Rhodes https://www.bbbrun.com.au/

Inaugural Bondi to Manly 80km Ultra - 5th Nov (A few of the KRew will be out there doing this so if you live neat the course come and cheer us on!)

Carcoar Cup - 13th Nov We have 16 in 4 teams of the KRew going out there to Rep the Red on the marathon relay event, go Kirribilli!!!

SAVE THE DATE! KR annual Christmas Party and Annual Awarding on the ‘KR Person of the Year’ is going to be held on 11 December! Stay tuned for more details closer to the date.

Tonight’s KRClassic

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, Helena will be there with her car, to hold them whilst you run. Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners