KRClassic the Spooky Edition

Steve Kibble

Oct 26, 2023, 12:58:39 AM10/26/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Tonight we have our annual KRClassic Halloween Run. This will be one of our ever popular group runs that we do. So come dressed in your worse most spooky Halloween themed gear and be ready for some fun. PRIZE for best dressed!!

I have to point out that last Thursday night we had our largest number of runners we have ever had at KR with over 90 people taking on the KRClassic in perfect conditions. It was very exciting and quite a buzz. I hope everyone had a great night being part of the long flow of Red running across the bridge.

Last weekend the local KRew went west and south to Rep the Red in a couple of events. A bunch of the KRew went to Bathurst to do the Panorama Punish on the famed racing circuit. It is a very tough start to that 6k course with a very steep up hill and then a long sprint down Conrod Straight to the finish. Everyone had an awesome time in western NSW and developed a new respect for racing car drivers.

We also had a group that headed to south to Maroubra to rep the Red for the Maroubra Fun Run and Spring Festival. This is a more gentle 8k course that everyone enjoyed and I’m sure are eyeing it again for next year.

It was great to see folks out racing on the weekend and taking the flag to repping the club all over the country. Well done everyone!!

(M)ovember is kicking off next week at the KRClassic and we have a special visit from the major sponsor of the month Lululemon. On the night we will talk about the events that we have planned for the month and what fundraising we are doing and how you can help and be part of it. Each week the newsletter will be themed towards a mental health topic so stay tuned.

As a bonus Lululemon have promised to bring some gear to give away so come along and you might go home some cool kit. So see you all there next week for this exciting and important initiative.

Tuesday Speed Sessions Most of you know we hold a speed session on Tuesday nights at Gore Hill Oval starting at 6:30pm. It is great to see about 14 or 15 people coming each week to work on their speed and push themselves on the various sessions that we do. All are welcome and for more details please message me directly.

Upcoming Events

Annual KR Christmas Party will be Sunday 10th December. More details to follow, so save the Date!

Cadbury Marathon 2024 This iconic marathon held in Hobart is coming up to its’ 41st edition on 7 Jan 24. I’ve done this one a few times and can highly recommend it as a great race and great way to get your 2024 racing calendar started. I know last year we had a few of the KRew down there who did a few of the distances on offer and all reported having a fun time.

https://raceroster.com/events/2024/79514/cadbury-marathon

I see that registrations have already opened for many of the races that the KR like to do, with Canberra marathon, Hokka Sydney Half, and Sydney marathon all have early bird registrations at the moment.

If you are bringing bags tonight, this week Mark or Tully will be there with his car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you chaps, much appreciated!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners