2022 KR Club Person of the Year Announced

1 view

Steve Kibble

Dec 14, 2022, 9:49:04 PM12/14/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Last Sunday we held another very successful Annual KR Christmas Picnic in Clark Park in Lavender Bay. We had about 50 people at under the shade of the trees with everyone enjoying food, drinks and chats with their running buddies. It was also lovely that some folks brought their partners and kids along too.

The highlight of the afternoon was of course the awarding of KR Club Person of the Year, which this year went to Helena, a very popular choice indeed. As I said at the function I have been doing this for seven years and this is the first year that members of the club have written or spoken to me about who they think it should be and I am pleased to say they all said the same person.

Helena has only been with us a short while and only started running earlier this year. In that time she has become an integral part of the fabric of KR and I know that I rely on her a lot to help with the running of the club. Helena as you all know was instrumental in leading our very successful Movember events and also with getting the Christmas Party off the ground.

Congratulations Helena a very worthy winner of the CPY Award for 2022.

We also gave some awards and recognition for members of the club who have stood out throughout the year for various reasons and it was a lot of fun handing them out this year:

·       The Quiet Achiever Award - Alex Catterall

·       The “I love KR almost as much as I love my partner” Award - Tully Stanley

·       Best long term relationship - Goji Enomoto and his green water bottle

·       The Cleanest Underpants Award - Daniel Forde

·       The “incredible” Award - Damon Lynch

·       KR Ambassador to Queensland Award - Enrique Suana

·       Most likely to discuss breakfast foods - Vanessa Ong

·       Most likely to end up on the other side of Sydney during a run - John McDonagh

·       Most ‘responsible’ Award - Matt Southerton

·       KR Couple of the Year - Chris and Misty

·       The “will I get paid royalties for this” Award - Nick Marlow

·       The Spirit of KR Award - Shivali Dhawan and Elaine Collins

Well done to all the winners this year and I look forward to seeing what 2023 will bring us.

I also send a big shout out and thanks to Enrique and our friends at ASICS for again providing us with some great gear that we gave out as prizes!

KR Photo Shoot

As you will be aware I was hoping to do a KR photo shoot, but due to how busy the Opera House has been during this period I have decided to put it off for a few weeks. Paul Smith has volunteered to take some awesome action and group shots of us in action that we can then use on the KR Website.

Upcoming Events

Annual Santa run on Thursday 22nd December! Yes it is time to dress up in your best Santa suit and Antlers and let’s do a group run of the KRClassic course with lots of chances for Ho-Ho-Ho, ringing in Christmas and taking photos.

Next year for Canberra Marathon we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that if you are going to sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never to early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

Tonight we are back to our normal run on the iconic and emblematic KRClassic course! If you are bringing bags, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we finished the run!) Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners

#rundrinkrepeat

#krclassic

#krvirtualrunclub

All Winers Photos Montage 10 Dec 22JPG.JPG