Around the Opera House

Steve Kibble

Apr 13, 2023, 1:08:57 AM4/13/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

I hope that everyone enjoyed the Easter Break and managed to get out and enjoy the great weather that we had over the long weekend. I was fortunate enough to be away up the coast and got some great runs in and think how fortunate us runners are to get out and enjoy our surroundings much more than those poor non-runners.

This weekend will see a good size group of the KRew head to our nation’s capital to rep the Red and run in one of the events at the Australian Running Festival. This is always a great weekend as we run around streets of Canberra on a not very flat course. We have a few folks doing the half, quite a few in marathon, and a special call out to those running their first marathon, go well and have fun out there.

For those not going to Canberra don’t forget on Saturday you can still get your fix with running in one of the many parkruns that are held around Sydney. These are becoming even more popular as many runners and walkers do a nice little 5k jaunt around a local park. As you all know North Sydney is the home parkrun for the KRew and it is great to see so many there each week running. Of course if you don’t feel like running then you can always volunteer I know they are generally always looking for volunteers please contact Chris if you want to know more.

Upcoming Events

We are busy looking at our next KR social function and we are planning on holding a KR Wine tour for the middle of the year. The KRew will head down the Southern Highlands for a day trip sampling some of the awesome vintages that are on offer in the region. These are always great days and a lot of fun, so stay tuned and sign up early when we announce it so you don’t miss out!

Our next KR Sunday Long Run will be 14th May, we are going to miss April as that is Easter weekend and we have Canberra Marathon the following weekend.

May 21st will be the Hoka Runaway Sydney Half Marathon, as it is no longer the SMH Half and it is a modified course and they’ve added a 10k option, which also looks like a fun course to run. Entries are now open and we have started a team, so sign up and join the fun. Check out the website at: www.runawaysydneyhalf.com.au

Canberra Marathon 2023 is just over 2 weeks away and there is a big group of KR signed up and busy training for the race. It is not too late to sign up for a little sneaky marathon and the best thing is that we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that when you sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

City2Surf entries are now open! This is always a bit KR event where we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. We have a team so search for Kirribilli Runners in the team list and make sure you join when you sign up.

Sydney Running Festival in on Sunday 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Helena as always, really awesome!!

Before I go it would be remiss of me not to wish our own Damon well in Boston on Monday. It has been a 3-year journey for Damon due to the COVID lockdowns that stopped all travelling, and at last he has made it. I hope you go well and have a great time mate. Go you good thing!!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone happy trails!

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners