Sydney Marathon Training Run – Hosted by KR This Sunday

Steve Kibble

Aug 3, 2023, 1:59:59 AM8/3/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

As you will all know Kirribilli Runners have been quite involved in the lead up to the Sydney Marathon, we have 53 people signed up as part of the KR team, 4 of the KRew are official pacers and now we are hosting one of the training runs. We are expecting about 250 people from all over Sydney to gather on Sunday and you are welcome to join in too. You will find the invite to the event on FB and link to register if you want to run.

Details for the morning are meeting at 7am at the usual KR meeting place, see you there!

Every run is good! I was reading the SMH this morning and came across an article asking the question; “How often do I need to exercise” It is an interesting read and talks about how even doing a little exercise regularly helps you get fitter. Over the years many people have asked me how many times a week they should run to improve their running, and what I always say is, that to maintain your running fitness you need at least 3 times a week and 4 times to see improvement.

Now I can’t claim this piece of running wisdom as this is what I have read in running magazines over the years, but I can attest to it. So if you want to improve your running you need to get out there and go for a run at least 4 times a week and you will be amazed by the difference that this will make.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/how-often-do-i-need-to-exercise-to-get-stronger-20230731-p5dsno.html?btis

Update on Anthony, as you may have seen from my post on FB Anthony is now back home and enjoying being in familiar surroundings. He continues to improve and gets a bit stronger each day.

As I mentioned last week, several people have asked if there is anything that they can do to help Anthony and his family, and to that end we started a GoFundMe page, and I am pleased to see that we have raised nearly $3,000 so far. I’m sure that is going to help with rehabilitation for Anthony.  If you’d like to contribute, please go to our GoFundMe page.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Supporting-Anthony-Wood

I will keep you all updated on how he is going and how the money will be used to help him and his family.

Tuesday Speed Sessions. Most of you know we hold a speed session on Tuesday nights at Gore Hill Oval starting at 6:30pm. It is great to see about 14 or 15 people coming each week to work on their speed and push themselves on the various sessions that we do. All are welcome and for more details please message me directly.

Upcoming Events

City2Surf is coming up next weekend, entries are still open! This is always a big KR event and this year is no exception as we have 70 people signed up as part of our team. We are planning on meeting about 7am at the Archibold Fountain for a group photo before the race. And of course we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. There is still time to sign and search for Kirribilli Runners in the team list and make sure you join our team.

Sydney Running Festival in on Sunday 17 Sep 23 which is only about 6 weeks away! The organisers are trying to get our race to qualify as an Abbot World Marathon and join the likes of New York, Berlin and Boston as a truly world class event. To do this they are wanting to get 15,000 people to finish the race, and so it will be the biggest marathon event ever held in Australia, so don’t miss out and sign up today.

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Helena, as always, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners