The Shop is Open! Plus a lot of exciting KR news

Steve Kibble

Feb 8, 2023, 3:36:36 PM2/8/23
to Kirribilli Runners

 Greetings KRew

 I know a lot of people have been waiting for this, and yes, the shop is now open!

 We are very excited about the new KR shell jacket and KR Hoodie that I know many of the KRew have been wanting for ages. Of course there is the usual range of styles of shirts and a cap and visor for you to purchase. The shop is open now and it will close on 10thMarch, but don’t hesitate if you are after some awesome KR merch, Get online and BUY IT NOW!

 https://www.sub4.com.au/category/kirribilli-runners/

 As always you order and pay online and our friends at Sub4 will deliver directly to your door about 6 weeks after we close the shop. And a big thanks to Helena for her work in finalising the jacket and hoodie design!

 Last Saturday the KRew stretched their legs in the first race of the season on the iconic Sun Run course from Dee Why to Manly. It was perfect conditions for racing and I know we had a lot of very excited KRew at brunch with many bagging themselves a new PB.

 In other racing news a KR in the form of John M bagged the top spot coming first in the City Run Marathon in Adelaide. Congratulations John and an awesome job Repping the Red!

 KR Social Media - Instagram

 As you know we have a KR Instagram account that Alex has been doing great job posting reels each week. As we grow we are freshening it up, as I know that a lot of folks find us and follow us there. To that end Helena has volunteered to help Alex and so look out for lots of new content coming at you!

 KR Sunday Long Runs

 This Sunday 11th Feb will be the first of our KR monthly long runs starting at 7am at the steps of the bridge. These runs allow you to run at your own speed, so whether you choose to run with others or by yourself come along and join KRew as we extend our range.

 For our inaugural run we will be using a slightly modified version of the run we did for (Mo)vember so that we finish back at the steps to bridge in Kirribilli. There will be options for those who want to do 10k or 20k. Check out the ‘Files’ tab on our FB page where you will find GPX files that you can load up for Strava so that you can follow the course.

 Going forward we will hold these KR long runs on the second Sunday of each month and our aim to start and finish in the same place but with different courses each time. Stay tuned.

 I might also add that I have a few ideas for long runs, but if you have an idea for a course, map it out and let me know and we can add it to the roster.

 Upcoming Events

 May 21st will be the Hoka Runaway Sydney Half Marathon, looks like it is no longer the SMH Half and it is a modified course also they’ve added a 10k option for the morning. Entries have now opened Check out the website at: www.runawaysydneyhalf.com.au

 For Canberra Marathon 2023 will be a big group of KR already signed up and busy training for the race. Best thing is that we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that if you are going to sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

 Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never to early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

 Coming up on Saturday afternoon the 25th February we are having The Inaugural Kirribilli Games, incorporating a beer mile! Helena is doing an awesome job of putting together a great afternoon of running and drinking. With a lot of fun events planned that involve some running and a few beers as we go. As always this is open to everyone and if you don’t drink, or don’t want to, we still want you to join us for the fun

 If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

 That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Keep running and happy trails,

 Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners