Inaugural #rundrinkrepeat Games Hailed as Great Success!

1 view

Steve Kibble

Mar 1, 2023, 11:44:55 PM3/1/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Last Saturday we held the #rundrinkrepeat games, incorporating the first ever KR Beer Mile. I’m sure by now you have seen the photos and stories posted on our FB page of the day. The KRew had a lot of fun both running the race and spectating the beer warriors as they drank and ran the beery mile. In the end our Monday run leader Brian prevailed, after some early race leaders fell away to overtaken by the Silver Fox who was awarded the KR Beer Mile Stein.

Well done to everyone who came along on the day a great afternoon was had by all. And we will do it all again next year when all-comers can challenge Brian for the title of KR Beer Mile Champion.

Awesome new KR Shirts and Jackets

The KR shop is open and a lot of folks have already purchased some of the cool merchandise that is available.

We are very excited about the new KR shell jacket and KR Hoodie that I know many of the KRew have been wanting for ages. Of course, there is the usual range of styles of shirts and a cap and visor for you to purchase. The shop is open now and it will close on 10th March, but don’t hesitate if you are after some awesome KR merch, DON’T MISS OUT, get online and BUY IT NOW!

https://www.sub4.com.au/category/kirribilli-runners/

As always you order and pay online and our friends at Sub4 will deliver directly to your door about 6 weeks after we close the shop. And a big thanks to Helena for her work in finalising the jacket and hoodie design!

Upcoming Events

The next Monthly KR Long Run is on the second Sunday of the month which will be 12th March, I won’t be there this month as I will be away running 6 Foot Track, so Helena is hosting and I hope you have seen the invite where she has posted a map of the run options. Helena and I ran it last week to check out the course and it is a great run with a mix of Harbour Foreshore and crossing the city for a trip up Oxford St.

May 21st will be the Hoka Runaway Sydney Half Marathon, as it is no longer the SMH Half and it is a modified course and they’ve added a 10k option which also looks like a fun course to run. Entries have now opened Check out the website at: www.runawaysydneyhalf.com.au

For Canberra Marathon 2023 will be a big group of KR already signed up and busy training for the race. Best thing is that we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that when you  sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Helena as always, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners