A warm run tonight!

Steve Kibble

Mar 15, 2023, 6:36:36 PM3/15/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

The hot weather here in Sydney is continuing and it looks like it will be a bit warm out on the course this evening. Now I know that a little warm night won’t stop KRs from running the KRClassic, but please make sure you are drinking enough and remember there are two water fountains at the Opera House where you can get a drink as you run there.

The shop is now closed and I’ve seen the final list and there have been a lot of orders for all of the KR merch on offer. If you missed out, I will open the shop again in a few months time depending on demand. For every one who is eagerly awaiting their new shirts they take between 6 and 8 weeks to be delivered from when we shut the shop.

Last weekend we had the second monthly KR Long Run, Helena did a great job leading the KRew on a scenic course along the harbour foreshore and through the city. An excellent morning was had by all. Stay tuned for the details of the next one, which due to Easter will be Sunday 14th May on a very different course.

Also last weekend the annual 6 Foot Track Marathon was held and we had 5 KRs went up to Rep the Red. Well done to all those who took on the challenging mountainous course through the Blue Mountains.

Upcoming Events

May 21st will be the Hoka Runaway Sydney Half Marathon, as it is no longer the SMH Half and it is a modified course and they’ve added a 10k option, which also looks like a fun course to run. Entries have now opened and we have started a team, so sign up and join the fun. Check out the website at: www.runawaysydneyhalf.com.au

Canberra Marathon 2023 is now only 4 weeks away and there is a big group of KR already signed up and busy training for the race. Best thing is that we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that when you sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

City2Surf entries are opening in two weeks on 28th March! This is always a bit KR event where we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. Stay tuned for more entry and team details.

Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Helena as always, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners