KRClassic Virtual Edition – Damn you Delta

1 view

Steve Kibble

Jul 21, 2021, 9:35:43 PM7/21/21
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Sadly with COVID – The Delta Edition, still running rampant in the Harbour City we are all still in lockdown. This means staying home and only leaving for essential purposes as we are reminded on a daily basis. Fortunately for us runners, we can still run, but with no more than one other runner, and I’m sure that like me you too are thankful for that.

This morning I went out for an early run with regular running buddy and we had a lovely chat as we ran across the quiet, empty Harbour Bridge and as a bonus we got to witness a stunning winter sunrise. Shortly, just because you can under the rules, I’m about to head out for a second run today, but with a different running buddy for lunchtime jaunt around the quiet city streets.

I do hope that you all get out and enjoy this beautiful clear day and don’t forget to post and tag your photos so we can all share your run with you.

ChrisO #HealthTip

Am I running too much?

In the midst of this pandemic we are back to surreal scenes of empty city streets and roads during our weekly runs. Now you may be tempted to increase your millage and that is understandable for a 1,000 different reasons.

However, there is also running tax, a physical cost to the body that you may experience with too rapid an increase in your weekly millage. It got me thinking; how much running is healthy? How much running is too much? Can you overdo running with Steve?

After searching my regular sources, I came across this article that answers those very questions and a few more. So if you run five times a week or just once and have recently changed your running pattern, this article will be of interest to you.

https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a20846810/the-supposed-dangers-of-running-too-much/

Mmmmm thanks Chris, let me think about that one. “Too much running with Steve?” Nah, I’m sure that’s not a thing……  ;-)

Well that’s a wrap for another week, enjoy your KRClassic Virtual run today and don’t forget to share some photos with us all on the KR FB page.

Remember to take care of yourself and others. And wash your hands, wear a mask and remember to socially distance.

Happy trails,

Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners