City 2 Surf 2022

1 view

Steve Kibble

Aug 10, 2022, 8:21:22 PM8/10/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

After the last two years of the iconic C2S being cancelled because of COVID, everyone is very excited to be running the classic course to Bondi Beach again this weekend! There are nearly 60 of the KRew signed up as part of the KR team and also some who will also be there but on other teams. Don’t forget to Rep the Red and wear your KR Shirt and that way we can see you and give you a cheer!

In talking with the KR we have many people for whom this is their first C2S and some for whom this their first race ever, then we have others who have done it 10 or 20 times, and then we Elaine who this year will be running her 38th. Elaine tells me that she only missed two years in the last 40 both times due to being pregnant at the time. Well done Elaine that is amazing, and I’m sure we are going to be there in 2 years time to help you celebrate your 40th time on the course!

Post the race, as I said before, we will head to the Beach Road Hotel where the fasties will have secured our spot up on the first floor out the back. The address is 71 Beach Road, Bondi Beach. Ironically the Beach Road Hotel isn’t actually near the beach, but about 3 blocks back from the beach, you’ll find us!!

Shirt News

I will open the order link again shortly as I think we now have enough people wanting more shirts to reach the minimum of 20 per order that we need.

I still have a few 2XU shirts and if you are after one please message or write to me with what you are looing for. I have mainly XS male and S female singlets and a few T-shirts shirts of various sizes, but hit me up anyway you never know I might have what you are looking for. I have now sold a few of the 2XU that I have but please keep on to me about them to see if I have something that will fit you.

Upcoming Events

Entries for Blackmores Running Festival in September are open and when you sign up make sure you join the Kirribilli Runners team! I’m sure that a lot of us will be doing that event and in fact are already in training for the marathon event!

We are now looking for volunteers, so if you are not running come along and give something back to your community! Helen has again volunteered to coordinate our roster for us so look out for a posting about shortly.

Tonight’s KRClassic

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, I’m pleased to say that Helena has offered her car and along with Matt, they will have us covered. Thank you Helena and Matt that is really awesome!!

One more thing, congratulations to our youngest regular runner Tadhg Nolan, who last week tried an attempt on Jie’s KRClassic course record, in quite wet and windy conditions. He did an amazing time of 22min 31seconds which puts him just a mere 26 seconds behind Jie on the leader board. Well done Tadhg an amazing run and I know all of us saw you couldn’t believe how fast you were going. Watch this space KRew I’m sure he will crack it next time!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners