Dry and warm for the KRClassic

Steve Kibble

Oct 12, 2022, 8:25:58 PM10/12/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

I hope that everyone is having a great week and have been enjoying these warmer mornings on your daily run. For myself I’m really enjoying daylight saving as it means seeing the sunrise each day, well when it does poke through the clouds. Did you see first light this morning the sky was on fire?

Last Sunday we had a very successful KR Pub Crawl and Social Run. About 30 of us gathered at HQ for a starter for one, then across the bridge to the Harbour View Hotel for a second and the Palisade for a third. Taking on the length of Argyle Street to end up at Squires Landing for a fourth, and most of us had a 5th or even a 6th there as well, before finally making our way back across the bridge to return to HQ for the final drink before awards were made. Best-dressed female was Vanessa and male was Tully, most drinks consumed was Matt who managed on the event to down 8 pints. Well done everyone, a great afternoon of much fun and laughter. I hope everyone has seen the photos that we posted on the FB page, and if you missed out this time, it’s okay we will do it again soon.

Shirt News – Orders now closed!!

Shirt orders have now closed and I expect delivery to start in the next 4 to 6 weeks I guess. I hope that you got your order in and we will have even more of us repping the Red each week over the bridge.

If you missed out I still have a few of the 2XU shirts in very limited sizes, so hit me up and I might be able to help you out.

Upcoming Events

27th October is the annual KR Halloween Run on the KRClassic, so come dressed up in your spooky best gear!

UTA weekend in the Blue Mountains on 27th October with a few of us running in the 50k and 100k I believe.

Inaugural Bondi to Manly 80km Ultra - 5th Nov (A few of the KRew will be out there doing this so if you live neat the course come and cheer us on!)

Carcoar Cup - 13th Nov We have 16 in 4 teams of the KRew going out there to Rep the Red on the marathon relay event, go Kirribilli!!!

Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never to early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. This week they have a special on and if you ran either the half or the full marathon this year they sent emails out to register for $42.20, but ends Friday. So if you have missed it, check you email and sign up today, cheapest major city marathon you will ever do! I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

SAVE THE DATE! KR annual Christmas Party and Annual Awarding on the ‘KR Person of the Year’, is going to be held on 11 December! Stay tuned for more details closer to the date.

Tonight’s KRClassic

We are making a slight moderation to the course tonight due to the East side of the bridge being closed for maintenance and looks like it might be for a while. For tonight and the next few weeks:

·       As you come down the steps from the park to the Opera House forecourt, turn hard left.

·       Run across the forecourt to the West side.

·       Then hugging the right hand side of the Opera house, run up to the end.

·       Turn right and run straight across the back fore court to the other side.

·       Then turn left and follow the water back to Macquarie Street being careful of the work and other people.

·       Up Macquarie Street and back to Kirribilli.

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, Helena will be there with her car, to hold them whilst you run. Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners