Excited for a cooler run tonight

1 view

Steve Kibble

Feb 2, 2022, 9:41:25 PM2/2/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

It seems that the heat wave has broken for now and it is nice to running in cooler conditions again, and with the bonus of a promise of a bit of cooling rain this evening.

There is an excited buzz in the KRew, as we get ready for the Sun Run as the first race of the year this Saturday. I know that a lot of the KRew will be there on Saturday at 6am at Dee Why for the start of the 10k race to Manly.

Whether you are going out for a PB on this hilly course or to take and enjoy the fresh sea breezes and views of the Pacific it is a great way to start the day. I’m pleased to see that KR are providing some of the official pacers for the race, with Chris R pacing the 40min bus, Damon L and Enrique pacing the 45min bus and myself pacing the 55min bus. There will be other pacers for all sorts of times, so latch onto one of those if you find it helpful with your race.

We will follow the race with brunch in Manly at the Boatshed so be on the look out for the rest of the KRew to join in that one.

Coming up in March we will have the first of our social running events with the traditional KR St Patrick’s Day run to Balmoral followed by brunch at the beach. Folks may remember last years run that got kind of washed out, and we ended up doing a 14ishk run through the Botanic Gardens and all got very wet indeed, but had a lot of fun!! So look out for the invite and details for the 2022 edition!

Stay tuned for more upcoming events for the KRew this year!

KRClassic tonight and I do hope you can join us for the weekly jaunt across the bridge with a your KR buddies! I will have my car there for your stuff if you need it, as Joy won’t be joining us this week. And, because we are still under some COVID restrictions, can you please register your attendance on the link below and if you are not double vaccinated, then you shouldn’t be coming, which I’m sure you know. Very importantly of course, if you do not feel well then please take the night off and we will see you next week!

https://kirribillirunners.org/covid/

Remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Keep running and happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners