KRClassic Course Change Tonight!!!

Steve Kibble

Oct 19, 2022, 9:35:57 PM10/19/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

As we all know by now the east side of the Opera House is closed which means we’ve had to run up and down the west side. The west side currently has all the work being done on the forecourt making for some very narrow places for us to run. This was evident last week when we ran with all the crowds it was a bit crazy. (The security guard even yelled at Chris and me.)

So I’m adjusting the course at least until they open the east side of the Opera House again. This means we doing the Vivid Variation Edition, below are the instructions for the course:

 ·       Start at usual place and time

·       Run across the bridge and down the steps

·       Bottom of steps turn left and run down the road

·       At the Harbour View Hotel cross the road and run through Dawes Point Reserve

·       Follow path down in front of the pylon to the water (be careful crossing the road)

·       Turn left go under bridge and follow the footpath along Hickson St all the way to entrance of Barangaroo (no wharves)

·       At Barangaroo enter and run along the foot path staying to the right that is run on the dirt path

·       Run along till you get to the end of the little wall that separates the paths which is at the cutting

·       U-turn at the end of the wall on to the other path and run back to entrance of Barangaroo

·       Come out of Barangaroo and turn right and go up the hill

·       Follow the road past The Pallisade hotel and run across Kent St, using the pedestrian crossing

·       Keep going up the hill to the pedestrian under pass under the bridge

·       At end turn right and go up the steps to the bridge

·       Run back to end of bridge and wait for the rest of the KRew

·       Join group photo and go to HQ

(If it helps to make it a bit clearer please see attached photo of the route.)

As I said we will run this course from now until the end of Vivid 2022, but don’t worry it is an easy route and has the advantage of no Cahill!!!

 Shirt News – Orders now closed!!

 Shirt orders have now closed and I expect delivery to start in the next 4 to 6 weeks I guess. I hope that you got your order in and we will have even more of us repping the Red each week over the bridge.

 If you missed out I still have a few of the 2XU shirts in very limited sizes, so hit me up and I might be able to help you out.

 Upcoming Events

 Next the 27th October is the annual KR Halloween Run on the KRClassic, so come dressed up in your spooky best gear!

 UTA weekend in the Blue Mountains on 28th October with a few of us running in the 50k and 100k I believe.

Inaugural Bondi to Manly 80km Ultra - 5th Nov (A few of the KRew will be out there doing this so if you live neat the course come and cheer us on!)

 Carcoar Cup - 13th Nov We have 16 in 4 teams of the KRew going out there to Rep the Red on the marathon relay event, go Kirribilli!!!

Next year for Canberra Marathon we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that if you are going to sign up for it.

Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never to early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

SAVE THE DATE! KR annual Christmas Party and Annual Awarding on the ‘KR Person of the Year’, is going to be held on 11 December! Stay tuned for more details closer to the date.

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, Helena will be there with her car, to hold them whilst you run. Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners