The Pleasure of Running the KRClassic

Steve Kibble

Dec 9, 2021, 2:06:54 AM12/9/21
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Nice to officially back and running for a second week! Last week saw a good group of excited KRew head out across the bridge on a perfect night for running. It was also great to be back in the original spiritual meeting place for KR; downstairs in the Kirribilli Hotel!

It is awesome to be back at last and we are meeting about 6:30pm at the steps to the bridge in Kirribilli and head off about 6:40pm for the 6.3km KRClassic course. The wonderful Joy has said that she will be there with her car from about 6:15pm so we have somewhere to store our bags. Then post the run I’m sure a bunch will head to the KH for a beer or two and of course followed by pizza at our favourite pizza parlour. (Those places have their own restrictions so make sure you follow those when asked.)

Because we are still under some COVID restrictions, can you please register your attendance on the link below and if you are not double vaccinated, then you shouldn’t be coming, which I’m sure you know.

https://kirribillirunners.org/covid/

Last weekend, as I talked about in last week’s newsletter, we saw a lot of the KRew out Repping the Red in events on both Saturday and Sunday with some outstanding achievements by all runners. Make sure you check out all the postings on our FB page and on Instagram and make sure you give lots of Kudos and recognition to all of your running buddies!!

 This weekend is Melbourne Marathon the first major marathon since Brisbane in June and it is great to see that we have nearly a dozen of the KRew heading down to tackle the quite scenic course that ends in the MCG! Good luck to everyone – run well!! (If you want to follow any of us please download the Melbourne Marathon app and you can live track us!)

 And before I go, don’t forget the Annual KR Christmas Party is on next Sunday 19th December at Wendy Whitely Secret Garden. A fun, relaxing afternoon with your KR buddies and of course the announcing of the KR Club Person of the Year!

 Chris #HealthTip

Mental Fortitude

 It’s hard to fake mental toughness. It’s not just something that magically happens, but there are tips you can apply in your training and on race day to help you.

 With Melbourne Marathon on this weekend this week’s health tip is a quick review about maintaining mental fortitude on race day.

 So regardless of your goal time, how many races you have done or how easy/hard it feels, these 10 tips should help you on your next race day run.

 https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a24403020/mental-marathon-boredom-tips/

 Thanks Chris, good tips there for all of us as we take on our next race!

 Well that’s a wrap for another week.

 Remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners