No Pizza for the KRew Tonight! ☹

Steve Kibble

Mar 23, 2023, 12:27:35 AM3/23/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

We have received a message from our favourite pizza shop informing us that they are closed tonight. This means that we won’t be able to gather there post the KRClassic as we usually do. So for tonight only, post the run, you will need to find somewhere else to share dinner with your running buddies and hopefully it will be open again next week.

Tonight we are expecting it to be a bit cooler than it has been in the last few weeks so perfect coming along and running our iconic course, even if we can’t follow it up with pizza!

Last weekend the KRew bagged another first place in a marathon with Becky Gore Repping the Red in Wangaratta. Well done Becky awesome running!

Upcoming Events

Our next KR Sunday Long Run will be 14th May, we are going to miss April as that is Easter weekend and we have Canberra Marathon the following weekend.

May 21st will be the Hoka Runaway Sydney Half Marathon, as it is no longer the SMH Half and it is a modified course and they’ve added a 10k option, which also looks like a fun course to run. Entries have now opened and we have started a team, so sign up and join the fun. Check out the website at: www.runawaysydneyhalf.com.au

Canberra Marathon 2023 is now only 3 weeks away and there is a big group of KR already signed up and busy training for the race. Best thing is that we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that when you sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

City2Surf entries are opening next week on 28th March! This is always a bit KR event where we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. Stay tuned for more entry and team details.

Sydney Running Festival in on Sunday 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Helena as always, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners