KRClassic or KR10k Cancelled During Vivid

Steve Kibble

May 27, 2023, 11:59:27 PM5/27/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

Sadly for the first time in our history, Vivid has beaten us and we are closing the club’s night runs from now until Sunday 18thJune.

I’ve walked our courses at the time we would normally being running and they are super busy with crowds at the various installations. I have consulted with the rest of the committee, and we worked through various options but in the end we think that it is best for us to close down for the duration.

I know this is the first time KR has had to close outside of the COVID lockdowns, and it is a great disappointment to us all.

#krvirtualrunclub

However, that is not say we all should stop running, so let’s get the #krvirtualrunclub going again.

For those who are new since the day of the lockdowns, this is where you go out for a run somewhere on a Monday and Thursday, wear your Red KR shirt and post of runfie (just like a selfie but during a run) and post here on FB and we promise to give you kudos.

KR Long Run

The next KR long run will still go ahead and the next one is on Sunday 11th June at 7am. We have a new course that will take in all of Sydney’s greatest hits stay tuned for that one. We will of course have various distances for you to try.

Tuesday Speed Sessions

Most of you know we hold a speed session on Tuesday nights at Gore Hill Oval starting at 6:30pm. All are welcome and for more details please message me directly.

Return to Normal

We will commence the club again on Monday 19th June with the usual KR10k so stay tuned.

Again sorry about this, and I know I will miss running with you all over the next three weeks and can’t wait till we return to normal.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners