Hokka Half this Weekend!

Steve Kibble

May 18, 2023, 1:56:32 AM5/18/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

After what seems like forever it is the Hooka Runaway Half Marathon and 10k event this weekend. After all the running and training that we have all done is about to be tested on the mean streets of central Sydney. I know that  we have a lot of folks running this weekend in both events all Repping the Red with the new batch of shirts showing up just in time.

Post the race we have made a booking for brunch at Hydeaway Cafe, 120 Elizabeth St, Hyde Park South. So after you have finished wander down and join the KRew to share stories of your race day.

Go well KRew!

Last Sunday we had the Monthly KR Long Run and nice turn out taking on all three courses on offer and as you will have seen on FB everyone had a great time running and exploring different parts of Sydney. Mark your calendars and join us on 11 June for the next long run which will be a tourist trail around Sydney.

Baby News

I sure folks know by now that our KR Club Person of the Year for 2021 Karin has given birth to our newest member! Last Saturday Karin and Dean welcomed Jules, a healthy boy to the world! Congratulations, to you both that is great news and I can’t wait to meet the little fellow!

Club Clobber

By now I’m sure you have received your shirts and so forth from our friends at Sub4, if not, or you have an issue please contact Sub4 directly and the friendly people there will be able to help you out.

I think we can all agree that they new jacket and hoodie look very smart and I’ve been asked a lot when people can order them. Stay tuned in a month or so I will reopen the shop for the next round of orders. And personally I ordered both and they proving to be great especially at this time of year.

On the KR Course Tonight!

Tonight we are on the KRClassic course despite a bit of work around the entrance to the Opera House, so be careful around there especially if they have an event on tonight.

When Vivid starts we will do 3 weeks on the Vivid Variation course but due to the expansion of Vivid into Barangaroo we will have a few little extras, so stay tuned!

Upcoming Events

Wine Tour 16 July! Yes we have a date and are busy looking for a bus to carry the KRew to various delectable wineries of the Southern Highlands. Shortly we will ask you to commit and pay for a seat on the bus, but it will be on a first come first served basis, so make sure you sign up as soon as we release the costs! (Indicating your intentions on the invite Helena has made will help!)

Gold Coast Marathon, I know there are few folks signing up to the Gold Coast Marathon on either the Half or the Full marathon and some folks doing both events on the weekend. I did this last year and it was a great weekend on a fast flat course, and they give you really good bling and a shirt!

City2Surf entries are now open! This is always a bit KR event where we will end up at the Beach Road Hotel after the race. We have a team so search for Kirribilli Runners in the team list and make sure you join when you sign up.

Sydney Running Festival in on Sunday 17 Sep 23! Never too early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

If you are bringing bags tonight, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you Helena, as always, really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone happy trails!

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners