City 2 Surf 2022 – What a day!

Steve Kibble

Aug 17, 2022, 10:45:53 PM8/17/22
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

What an exciting day C2S was this year with our biggest ever contingent of KR running the iconic event! We had about 50 registered with the KR Team, and I know a whole bunch more ran who were not part of the team.

I hope by now you have seen the many photos and videos that have been posted of the KRew Repping the Red along the course with many many surprising themselves with how well they went on the hilly course. I think we can all agree it was perfect conditions for the event with the usual stunning views looking back towards city going up Heartbreak Hill and on the start of the last downhill section as you see glimpses of the ocean for the first time.

Post the race we headed to the pub where we had an awesome spot on the first floor thanks to Anthony and some of the super fasties who nabbed the best place for a post run beer. (How many of you had their first ever beer before 10am and having sprinted from the city?)

As the pub started to get super busy a big contingent of us headed back to the spiritual HQ of the KR and congregated back at the KH for some more post run beers and even some food!

Well done everyone who ran and to those who came and supported and cheered us all on!

Shirt News

I will open the order link again shortly as I think we now have enough people wanting more shirts to reach the minimum of 20 per order that we need.

I still have a few 2XU shirts and if you are after one please message or write to me with what you are looing for. I have mainly XS male and S female singlets and a few T-shirts shirts of various sizes, but hit me up anyway you never know I might have what you are looking for. I have now sold a few of the 2XU that I have but please keep on to me about them to see if I have something that will fit you.

Upcoming Events

Now C2S is over for 2022 it is time to set your sights on the next big event in our calendar with Blackmores Running Festival in September! Entries are open and when you sign up make sure you join the Kirribilli Runners team! I’m sure that a lot of us will be doing that event and in fact are already in training for the marathon event!

We are now looking for volunteers, so if you are not running come along and give something back to your community! Helen has again volunteered to coordinate our roster for us and has now posted on our page, so let her know.

Tonight’s KRClassic

For the run tonight, if you are bringing bags, I’m pleased to say that Matt will be there with his car, they will have us covered. Thank you Matt that is really awesome!!

That’s it for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners