Will the cool change come through….

Steve Kibble

Oct 12, 2023, 2:30:42 AM10/12/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

I hope everyone has been enjoying the lighter evenings and getting out having a run or enjoying a late walk by the harbour.

On Tuesday a group of KR gathered with the King Cross Training Club for a run to raise awareness for Mental Health day. I here they had a good evening mixing with some other runners from all over Sydney raising awareness of this cause.

So coming up shortly we are going to be participating in (M)ovember again. It was such a great success last year, with us raising some much needed funds and participating in some of the activities going on, especially the long runs at the end of the month. We will be releasing the details of what Kirribilli Runners will be doing for the month, so stay tuned.

As anyone who has read my newsletters over the years will know, I love to encourage everyone in the club to volunteer and give back to the running community when and where they can. In the club we have many folks who volunteer at races, parkruns and many other things, this week I’d like to acknowledge Chris O'Neil who will do his 100th volunteering duty at North Sydney Parkrun. This is a parkrun where he takes on the huge task of coordinating the volunteers, he can also be found often doing the Run Director role. Well done Chris I hope you have an awesome morning celebrating this milestone.

Tuesday Speed Sessions Most of you know we hold a speed session on Tuesday nights at Gore Hill Oval starting at 6:30pm. It is great to see about 14 or 15 people coming each week to work on their speed and push themselves on the various sessions that we do. All are welcome and for more details please message me directly.

Upcoming Events

Annual KR Christmas Party will be Sunday 10th December. More details to follow. Save the Date!

Melbourne Marathon is on this Sunday good luck to the KRew who are heading down to rep the Red this weekend.

Coming up on 22 October is the Panorama Punish which is a run of a Lap of Mount Panorama in Bathurst, I know we have some keen runners heading there to show how the Red take on the famed circuit.

For the super keen, the second running of the Bondi to Manly Ultra is being held on 28th October. I understand there are still a few slots open on the full thing, and if you want to only run a few stages, then get a team together and enter the relay. After last years event I highly recommend the race, and I’m looking forward to doing it again this year.

Cadbury Marathon 2024 This iconic marathon held in Hobart is coming up to its’ 41st edition on 7 Jan 24. I’ve done this one a few times and can highly recommend it as a great race and great way to get your 2024 racing calendar started. I know last year we had a few of the KRew down there who did a few of the distances on offer and all reported having a fun time.

https://raceroster.com/events/2024/79514/cadbury-marathon

If you are bringing bags tonight, this week Mark will be there with his car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you, Mark, much appreciated!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running @everyone and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners