KR Christmas Party This Sunday

1 view

Steve Kibble

Dec 15, 2021, 11:38:39 PM12/15/21
to Kirribilli Runners

 Greetings KRew

 This Sunday is the Annual KR Christmas Party and I’m sure we are all looking forward to gathering at Wendy Whitley’s Secret Garden. We will meet at the upper section of the park under the trees with the picnic tables between about 12 and 1pm.

Last weekend saw nearly a dozen of the KRew Repping the Red in the Melbourne Marathon. I’m sure you’ve all seen the posts about it on our FB page. Not much more to say other than well done to everyone, there was some awesome racing going on with many folks running great times in nearly perfect conditions.

This weekend sees the return on parkrun to Sydney. I’m sure many of the KRew will be out to test their time on the 5k circuits of North Sydney, Willoughby, Mosman and Rhodes. If you are going, have fun and make sure you take some photos to share here on our FB page!!

Next week is the Annual KR Santa Run, this is a fun evening where we all dress up as Santa, or at least wear a Santa hat, and have a group run. I’m sure we will stop for a group photo or two. So plan to be there for a fun evening with Santa’s KRew. Check out the invite on this page from Judy.

Tonight we are on as usual, meeting at the steps of the bridge in Kirribilli at 6:30pm. The wonderful Joy has said that she will be there with her car from about 6:15pm so we have somewhere to store our bags. Then, post the run, I’m sure a bunch will head to the KH for a beer or two and of course followed by pizza at our favourite pizza parlour. (Those places have their own restrictions so make sure you follow those when asked.)

Because we are still under some COVID restrictions, can you please register your attendance on the link below and if you are not double vaccinated, then you shouldn’t be coming, which I’m sure you know.

https://kirribillirunners.org/covid/

Chris #HealthTip

Marathon Recovery

The race is done, you’re buzzing and already you are thinking what next? Within an hour of finishing I was already mentally reviewing my training plan, making tweaks and planning my next race. Only problem was my legs wobbled uncontrollably when standing!

It got me thinking what does recovery look like after a big race. I don’t want to lose all this great fitness so what should I do? I have eaten, replaced my fluids, but what else can I do?

I went researching and came across this article, how to rebound after running 42.2km. It has a lot of good advice for race day but also how to recover from that leg wobble in the weeks following:

https://runnersworldonline.com.au/marathon-recovery-how-to-rebound-after-42-km/

Thanks Chris great tip there for recovering from the big race.

 Well that’s a wrap for another week.

 Remember to take care of yourself and others.

 Happy trails,

 Steve

Director

 #kirribillirunners