Back to the KRClassic

Steve Kibble

Jan 11, 2023, 8:47:25 PM1/11/23
to Kirribilli Runners

Greetings KRew

I hope that everyone is having a great start to the New Year and out there pounding the streets and trails around Sydney!

Tonight we are back to the KRClassic course with both the Cahill and the Opera House and so it will be great to be back running on the traditional KR course again.

Tonight we have the unveiling of the proto-type of the KR Hoodie! Yes after a lot of years we have got round to getting to the KR Hoodie. Come along and see them and give us your thoughts!

Last weekend we saw some of the KRew Repping the Red in Hobart at the Cadbury’s Marathon. Well done to Helena, Nick, Goji and Koichi first KR marathoners and half-marathoners for 2023! Looking forward to another great year of the KRew Repping the Red in races and runs all over Australia and all over the World.

I will reopen the shop shortly as I know there is a bunch of folks after some new shirts and caps.

Upcoming Events

The first event for the year will be the Australia Day Run for IMF (Indigenous Marathon Fund) 26th January is a Thursday this year and so for KRClassic we will hold a bit of a fundraiser for this very excellent cause. We will be starting in the usual place at 7:30am and will be running about 10k as a group with some stops for photos and water as we go. See the invite on the FB page and don’t forget to donate a few $ to the IMF!

https://runningtoraisefunds.imf.org.au/.../KirribilliRunners

https://www.imf.org.au

Sun Run first Saturday in February; I know a lot of KR already signed up for this annual dash from Dee Why to Manly followed by brunch at Shelly Beach. See you there!

Next year for Canberra Marathon we now have a discount code that gives you 10% off, so use that if you are going to sign up for it. (SM-MEMBER-KR)

Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 17 Sep 23! Never to early to sign up for the marathon and get your training program sorted. I have started a KR group so make sure you join the KRew team!

As I’ve said before, in 2023 we have a lot of exciting ideas for the KRew to do, both social events and running events and in the next weeks I’ll let you know what they are, so stay tuned! Helena and I have been working on a few ideas to keep us going through the year. However, we always welcome suggestions so if you have any ideas please share them we will only be too happy to look at them.

If you are bringing bags, then the ever-reliable Helena will be there with her car to hold them whilst you run.  (But please pick them up as soon as we have finished the run!) Thank you Helena that is really awesome!!

That’s a wrap for this week; remember to take care of yourself and others.

Keep running and happy trails,

Steve

Director

#kirribillirunners