Neighborhood meeting Jan. 20 at 7 pm

Karen Story

Jan 19, 2021, 6:35:14 PM1/19/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Tomorrow: Neighborhood meeting (Zoom link below).

Wed, January 20 at 7 pm

This is our annual crime update with Kirkland police. Neighborhood Resource Officer Tiffany Trombley will cover the following:

  • Highlands crime overview; what types and numbers of crimes occurred in our neighborhood in 2020
  • How does the 2020 crime data compare to previous years
  • How does Highlands crime compare to other neighborhoods in Kirkland
  • How does Kirkland crime compare to surrounding cities like Redmond, Bellevue, Bothell
  • Crime prevention tips (car prowls, home prowls, mail theft, etc.)
  • Ways to report crimes
  • Are there any data that suggest whether property crimes might increase around the new BRT station on I-405
  • What kind of officer training do City of Kirkland police get?
  • What is Kirkland police doing differently in response to general bias against people of color
  • Does Kirkland have any discriminatory laws on the books (such as the City of LA imposed around 15 years ago, making it illegal to wear low pants, when 90% of wearers were people of color)
  • What are the prostitution laws in Kirkland
  • Status of peeping Tom on Finn Hill
  • Q&A

Join Zoom Meeting https://kirklandwa-gov.zoom.us/j/96336380144

Meeting ID: 963 3638 0144

One tap mobile +12063379723,,96336380144# US (Seattle)