Tonight Active Transportation Plan Engagement Event

Mari

Oct 20, 2021, 3:04:40 PM10/20/21
to Highlands Neighborhood Association

Hi Neighbors,

Here's a chance to get your voice heard about sidewalk connectivity and other safety concerns in the Highlands and all of Kirkland:

Active Transportation Plan Engagement Event!

 Do you have ideas on how the City of Kirkland can become safer and more accommodating to people walking, rolling and bicycling? Please make sure your voice is heard by attending our online engagement event 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, October 20! All are welcome at this community meeting, which will be used to gather feedback and inform our process as we work to update our Active Transportation Plan.

 The update to this plan will focus on completing connections, seeking opportunities and innovative solutions to create more comfortable and safer environments for people walking and rolling, and will consider technologies that can both facilitate travel by walking and bicycling and also help the city better evaluate how many people are walking and bicycling in Kirkland.

For more information on the Active Transportation Plan update and Zoom Link for tonight's meeting, please visit: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/Government/Departments/Public-Works-Department/Transportation/Plans-and-Studies-Transportation-Division/Active-Transportation-Plan

If you can’t make the meeting but would like to submit an online comment, please use this form: https://us.openforms.com/Form/37c47062-166e-421a-94ad-ef1b830415a7 or continue to check out or website for next opportunity to share your thoughts.  Another on-line engagement opportunity will also be scheduled for November 3rd.

 We hope to see you there and we are excited to hear your ideas!