Keep Leaves Out of Streets

Karen Story

Nov 9, 2020, 8:38:18 PM11/9/20
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Keep Leaves Out of Streets

From City: Please help us prevent flooding in your neighborhood by cleaning leaves off storm drains and out of streets. Fallen leaves pile up on storm drains on our streets, blocking rainwater from draining, which can lead to localized flooding. City crews work hard to keep storm drains clear of leaves, but with over 12,000 drains in Kirkland, we could use your help!

Learn more on how to prevent flooding at kirklandwa.gov/flooding. If severe flooding occurs in your neighborhood, please call our 24/7 hotline at (425) 587-3900 for assistance from a City crew.

During the month of November, the collection of extra yard waste will be free for single family residences in Kirkland. To participate in this November program, first fill your yard waste cart with leaves and yard debris. Then, place extra yard waste next to your cart in a paper yard waste bag or your own durable container labeled “yard waste.” Do not place yard waste in plastic bags, which are not compostable and will not be picked up.