Seeking Highlands board members for 2022

Karen Story

Nov 13, 2021, 9:59:04 AM11/13/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Would you like to be on the Highlands board next year?

Would you like to help keep our neighborhood a great place to live?

The Highlands Neighborhood Association (HNA) is volunteers who work to improve community, safety, traffic, sidewalks, parks, activities, and quality of life in our neighborhood (the City of Kirkland is divided into 13 neighborhoods). There are no dues or fees. We are not an HOA.

Each December we elect board members for the coming year. We welcome new board members. Please let me know by Nov. 30 if you would like to be on the board. Send me a brief bio, including how long you have lived in the neighborhood (newcomers welcome), and why you would like to be on the board. You will be added to the ballot, and elections will be via email in early December.

Board member responsibilities:

  • Attend occasional board meetings (once or twice a year)
  • Attend neighborhood meetings the third Wednesdays of Nov, Jan, Mar, and May
  • Participate in email discussions (most of our business is conducted via email)

What does the board do?

  • Coordinates neighborhood projects and activities (such as the annual picnic and egg hunt, landscaping, and welcome fliers)
  • Keeps the neighborhood informed about issues and events that affect us
  • Provides feedback to the city regarding the neighborhood's position on issues
  • Champions neighborhood needs (such as crime or pedestrian safety)
  • Represents Highlands in the Kirkland Alliance of Neighborhoods

You can read more details in our bylaws.

Our website is http://kirklandhighlands.org.