Save the date Aug 24, 2024 and other news

Mari

Jun 24, 2024, 1:28:41 PMJun 24
to Highlands Neighborhood Association

Join us at the Annual Norkirk/Highlands Summer Picnic

August 24, 2024

This year Deru Market has generously offered to be the primary sponsor for all our food, don’t miss out!

Although we receive some grant money from the city for this picnic, costs have risen over the last several years, and we’re looking for more sponsors and private donations. If you would like to donate, become a sponsor or volunteer, please reach out to us at norki...@gmail.com

Sponsorship levels: $150 Silver, $300 Gold, $500 Platinum. Advertising benefits to all businesses that become sponsors.

A huge thank you to the individuals and businesses who have contributed so far!:

Platinum Sponsors:

Deru Market

McAdams Remodeling and Design

Gold Sponsors:

Angelfish Swimming

Alexis Christensen, Weekday Warrior

Silver Sponsors:

Columbia Athletic Club

Lake Washington Christian Church

PCC Kirkland

City of Kirkland 2044 Comprehensive Plan

The City of Kirkland is making amendments to the vision plan for what Kirkland will look like by 2044. It’s called the Comprehensive Plan, and city officials would like your input by holding a series of public hearings. This plan includes changes to land use, parks, housing. Perhaps you’ve noticed changes in our neighborhood that you would like to comment on, or you would like to see improvements like more sidewalks or crosswalks. Well, here’s your opportunity.

Attend one of these public hearings and voice your thoughts, concerns, ideas about the city’s plan. If you can not attend in person, you can always email. Your input is instrumental in shaping the future of our community.

If you would like to attend public hearings in person, please see this schedule for remaining dates:

All Public Hearings will be held at City Hall (123 5th Ave) during Kirkland Planning Commission meetings starting at 6:00 PM.

Open Houses will be from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM prior to each meeting to provide an opportunity to speak with staff and ask questions. Visit the Planning Commission website for more information.

June 27th, 2024

Topics: TransportationCapital FacilitiesUtilitiesPublic Services; Implementation; Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement

 September 26th, 2024

Topics: Housing; Appendices (Glossary, Historical Information, Housing Needs Assessment, Community Profile); Miscellaneous topics

If you would like to email your thoughts, send to K2044Compre...@kirklandwa.gov or use this online Public Comment Form.

For more information go to: www.kirklandwa.gov/K2044

If you would like to see what changes are being made to our current neighborhood plan, you can review them here, go to page 456 for Norkirk and see what’s changed highlighted in red:

240523-CompPlanPublicHearing2-NeighborhoodPlans-packet.pdf

City of Kirkland is looking for Volunteers for the July 4th Parade:

Here’s a great way to give back to our community and have fun doing it! Go to www.kirklandwa.gov/CelebrateKirkland

Thank you and hope to see you on August 24th at our Summer Picnic!

Mari Bercaw

Highland Chair

Thanks to Jane and Huan - Norkirk co-chairs- for the content of this email!