Gas Leaf Blower Trade-In Event May 4

Karen Story

Apr 26, 2024, 10:18:21 AMApr 26
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Gas Leaf Blower Trade-In Event May 4

Trade in your gas-powered leaf blower for a $100 voucher toward a new electric leaf blower!

We all want clean air and quiet neighborhoods. To support these goals, the City of Kirkland is phasing out the use of gas-powered leaf blowers in Kirkland.

Saturday, May 4
10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
North Kirkland Community Center -- north parking lot
12421 103rd Ave NE

Why make the switch?
- Keep unhealthy noxious fumes out of the community
- Promote quieter neighborhoods
- Reduce environmental impacts of gas emissions

In our efforts to dispose of gas-powered leaf blowers we will take the old and provide a $100 voucher - redeemable at select local stores - to be used toward the purchase of a new electric leaf blower.

Anyone may drop off a gas-powered blower, but to be eligible for a voucher, you must provide proof of Kirkland residency in the form of a utility bill or identification.

Bring your gas blower empty of oil and gas. Please drain your leaf blower before the event (view detailed instructions at www.kirklandwa.gov/leafblowers).

Please stay in your car and slowly drive through as directed by Kirkland staff. Keep your gas-powered leaf blower in the trunk of your car for easy removal by staff and volunteers. Vouchers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

For more information visit www.kirklandwa.gov/leafblowers or contact mbi...@kirklandwa.gov.

Karen Story

May 3, 2024, 9:23:04 AMMay 3
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Reminder about this event tomorrow

Gas Leaf Blower Trade-In Event May 4

Trade in your gas-powered leaf blower for a $100 voucher toward a new electric leaf blower!

We all want clean air and quiet neighborhoods. To support these goals, the City of Kirkland is phasing out the use of gas-powered leaf blowers in Kirkland.

Saturday, May 4
10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
North Kirkland Community Center -- north parking lot
12421 103rd Ave NE

Why make the switch?
- Keep unhealthy noxious fumes out of the community
- Promote quieter neighborhoods
- Reduce environmental impacts of gas emissions

In our efforts to dispose of gas-powered leaf blowers we will take the old and provide a $100 voucher - redeemable at select local stores - to be used toward the purchase of a new electric leaf blower.
Confirmed vendors so far:
· Pacific Nail and Staple - 11332 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
· Westlake Ace Hardware - 6613 132nd Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
· Fred Meyer Kirkland - 12221 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034