Picnic Aug 27 from 1-4! Kirkland Park delagate/representative needed and info on heat pumps

Mari

Aug 18, 2022, 12:43:38 AM8/18/22
to Highlands Neighborhood Association

Hello Highland Neighbors,

A few items for your information.

1. Our summer Highlands/Norkirk neighborhood picnic is just around the corner: August 27, 1 - 4pm in Crestwoods Park. Please join us for live music, games and picnic fare compliments of Deru Market. For more information go to: https://www.norkirk.org/picnic

In order to make this event a success we need volunteers and sponsors. To volunteer, please sign up here.  or at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ea4a722a7f49-picnic (you have to copy/paste link).

If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a sponsor, please reach out to Mari Bercaw at kirkland...@gmail.com . We’d love to get your support in continuing to keep this an annual FREE event for all neighbors.

2. Are you passionate about changes you’d like to see to Kirkland’s parks? Maybe you want to see a beautiful new community center in downtown Kirkland with a state of the art gym and aquatic center. Maybe you feel strongly about more connectivity with the Cross Kirkland Corridor. If so, now’s your chance to volunteer as a delegate with the City of Kirkland to advise City Council on potential Parks ballot measure(s) for the November 2023 election. Here are all the details:

The Kirkland City Council would like to invite all neighborhood groups to participate in the City’s upcoming Parks Funding Exploratory Committee (PFEC), which will advise the City Council on potential Parks ballot measure(s) for the November 2023 election.

Over the past year, Kirkland community members have told the City they want more park facilities and recreational opportunities. To accelerate park and recreation improvements, City Council is exploring parks and recreation ballot measure options for November 2023.

City Council is looking for input from Kirkland community members to help identify the right elements to include and the appropriate funding mechanism(s) that could be part of the November 2023 ballot measure. We are hoping that a delegate from your neighborhood will participate in this effort. Your neighborhood’s delegate does not have to be a board member but can be someone you feel could represent your neighborhood and actively participate in the process.  We are seeking community members who care, who can ask tough questions and can regularly attend the PFEC meetings.

 We are asking that each neighborhood identifies a delegate by Thursday, August 25, 2022. The first PFEC meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 15, 2022. The PFEC will meet approximately twice a month on Thursday evenings from September 2022 to February 2023 and will ultimately bring a recommendation to the City Council in March 2023.

For more info go to:  http://www.kirklandwa.gov/parks2023ballot.

 If you are serious about being Norkirk’s delegate please contact us before August 25th at norki...@gmail.com.

 3. Lastly, there are incentives available to Kirkland residents who install energy efficient heat pumps. To learn more about this please go to https://www.energysmarteastside.org/ and you can sign up for 1 hour work to qualify.

That’s it for now.  Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Mari Bercaw

HNA Chair

This conversation is locked