Submit Neighborhood Safety ideas by Nov. 26

Karen Story

Nov 19, 2020, 11:40:53 AM11/19/20
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

It is time to submit your ideas for this year's Neighborhood Safety Program (NSP). The purpose of this program is "to identify, prioritize and address pedestrian and bicycle safety issues in Kirkland neighborhoods."

So far there are two projects on our wish list:

- Crosswalk on 116th Ave NE at NE 95th St
- Crosswalk on 112th Ave NE at NE 97th St

If you have other suggestions for pedestrian and bicycle safety improvements in the Highlands, please submit them here by Nov. 26: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/Public_Works/Construction_Projects/Capital_Improvements/Suggest_a_CIP_Project.htm

Please also email me your suggestion.

These are the types of project that can be considered for the NSP:

  • Bike lanes or trails.
  • Crosswalks: New crosswalks, improved crosswalk ramps (ADA), crosswalk islands, and rapid flashing beacons.
  • Intersection Improvement: Signage, parking, and pedestrian “bump outs.”
  • Traffic Calming: Traffic islands, speed cushions, pedestrian “bump outs,” signage, and radar signs.*
  • Walkway/Sidewalk and Trail: Gravel trails, steps, curb, traffic delineators, and sidewalks.
  • Street Light: On existing utility pole or installing a light new pole.

If more than two eligible projects are submitted, the neighborhood will vote on our top two.

Learn more about the NSP here: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/CMO/Neighborhood_Services/NSP.htm