Please! Sign Up!

Sara Eileen

Feb 26, 2009, 11:02:26 PM2/26/09
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Seeing as our event is about a week away, I'l be sending out a few logistical emails over the next few days, This is the first, and it has one simple purpose - getting an accurate head count.

So:

 * Please, please, please, if you haven't signed up on the wiki page, sign up.

 * If you have friends who think they're coming but haven't gotten around to signing up, encourage them to do so.

 * If you're bringing a guest, have your guest sign themselves up.

 * If you hear some random person talking about dropping in, ask them to sign up.

Here's why: We have 3 rooms at the Center, the largest of which has a fire code capacity of 70 people. Ideally, we would like this event to fit into a single room so that we may do introductions and a brief ending session.

As we're currently to almost 50 sign-ups, getting an accurate head count now becomes very important. We don't want to, but will *have to* turn people away if we go over-capacity.

There is some leeway because of the fact some people may not be present for the entire day. We'll be keeping Twitter/Identi.ca updated as best we can throughout the day, so we'll encourage more people to come out if we encounter a lot of no-shows, and announce if we are full or have an overflow.

I think this is an issue we can deal with dynamically as it occur. However, if you have any thoughts on how to deal with possible overflow, please do share them.

Cheers,
Sara Eileen