Presentations: Not longer than 20 minutes!

Sara Eileen

Mar 5, 2009, 9:07:52 AM3/5/09
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

As I said in my previous email, presentation slots at Kink For All
are 20 minutes long, and there is no down time between presentations.

We're running 3 rooms simultaneously with 3 slots each per hour. In
the event that we do not have 3 presentations running concurrently,
the extra room(s) will revert to social space for that 20 minutes.

If you're planning to present, remember that your 20 minutes includes
setting up, introduction, presentation, questions, and wrapping up. A
volunteer will announce the transition of each session. If one
presentation runs into the time slot of another, it will be cut short
to keep us running on time.

If you're asking yourself how you can fit a typical presentation into
20 minutes, the answer is, you can't.

We're asking you to break the form you may be used to, and try a very
different approach. Get to the heart of the issue you'd like to
address, and cut out everything extraneous. This short form makes it
difficult to do things like teach new skills from beginning to end.
The form is ideal, however, for pointing out and expounding upon one
key idea. Rather than rush through several different points, focus.

If 20 minutes seems impossibly short to you, remember that radical
ideas can be powerfully expressed in simple, straightforward language.

And please, read more about this on our FAQ page:
http://kinkforall.pbwiki.com/
FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Whyarepresentationslotslimitedto20minutes

Looking forward to it!

Sara Eileen